We’re at a turning point in history. Climate change is changing the world faster than ever before. Utilities will play a crucial role in the transformation of our society to fight climate change and become carbon-neutral, while at the same time making sure people and businesses can continue to use energy supply like they’ve been used to for so many years.
At Gorilla, we’re determined to not stay aside, but to make a real impact on the utility industry by providing data services that allow utilities to play the role they need to play in the quest for a net-zero society. By building something that solves a real problem, and by being the best at what we do.
As an Accountant you join our operations team in Belgium. You will play a crucial role in managing the financial and payroll operations of the organisation, ensuring accurate reporting, compliance, and analysis. You are responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and other compliance reporting obligations for both internal and external purposes. You easily leverage your analytical insights and accurate mindset to a setup and delivery of global payroll making sure our people are paid timely and correctly, actively seeking improvements within the larger operations team (Finance, People and Operations).
- You support the financial reporting ranging from preparation of financial statements, such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements to generation of various financial reports to provide insights into the financial health of the organisation.
- You work closely together with the Finance Director and Business Controller to assist in the preparation of budgets, financial forecasts, annual accounts and the consolidation. Including analyses of financial data to provide recommendations for improving business performance.
- Together with external partners in BE, DE, UK, AU and US you ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax/social regulations.
- You process payroll accurately and ensure compliance with relevant laws. Maintain records of employee salaries, benefits, and deductions. You work closely together with the People department to improve processes and systems as our organisation grows.
- You assist in the coordination and preparation of financial audits, liaising with external auditors and internal stakeholders to provide necessary documentation and support.