To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
With too many developers practicing Stack Overflow driven development, adding security problems to their app is often just a simple copy and paste. Developers usually don’t do this out of malice, but simply because it’s not trivial to get every detail of security-related functionality right, and developers aren’t always security experts.
Our goal is to improve this by increasing developers’ knowledge of security best practices (e.g. in our technical blogs), but also by giving them the tools to easily find and fix security issues in their apps. This is done through our free app analysis tool AppSweep, but also through our open source releases.
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about educating developers about security issues and increasing the security in iOS and Android applications. If making the app world a more secure place appeals to you, and topics like configurable program analysis, program slicing, method swizzling and dynamic instrumentation are something you’ve always wanted to work on every day, you’ll feel right at home with our team in Munich.
In this position you will work on AppSweep, extend it to new technologies, improve its detection capabilities, and have the opportunity to add completely new features, all with the goal of supporting developers as much as possible in security topics. You will also be able to create new technically interesting blog posts about security issues in mobile applications.
Depending on your preference and knowledge, new features will be implemented for
- iOS app analysis using C++ and the LLVM compiler framework, or
- Android app analysis using Java and Java bytecode (e.g., extending our Open Source analysis library proguard-core).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or similar practical experience.
- Good modern C++ or Java skills.
- Strong interest in mobile security, e.g. from university courses or from CTFs.
- Interest in understanding how things work under the hood.
- Experience with app development and build tools.
- Experience in low level programming, compiler technology and/or optimization techniques.
- Experience working with complex code bases.
- Experience with reverse engineering and the commonly used tools, for example Jadx, apktool, Radare, Ghidra, or IDApro.
- Publish technical blog posts about security issues.
- Research, test and implement new analysis techniques.
- Develop detection techniques for newly found issues in apps.
- Maintain and improve our existing code base.
- Support customers in the usage of our software.
What Guardsquare offers you
- A team of like-minded colleagues all pulling in the same direction.
- A full time job with a competitive salary package.
- The tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully.
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds.
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas.
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source Proguard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).