Big Data & Machine Learning Engineer
With a recently announced funding round from Insight Partners and an impressive yearly revenue growth, Lansweeper is rapidly expanding its Global teams. We are expanding our Product team to help us scale and to take Lansweeper to the next level.
Lansweeper is an IT asset management software helping businesses better understand, manage and protect their IT devices and network. We currently discover and monitor around 100 million connected devices from 25,000+ customers, including Mercedes, FC Barcelona, Michelin, Sony, Carlsberg, Nestlé, IBM, Maersk and Samsung to governments, banks, NGOs, and universities, driven by its 150+ strong teams in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Ireland, UK and the USA.
A day in the life of
- You will join the LanSweeper and Fing Data team working on the crowdsourced device recognition platform. The core team is based in Rome, Italy.
- Contribute building the Data platform, leveraging technologies like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Elastic.
- Contribute building and improving the Device Recognition services: a suite of ML/AI algorithms that exploit the crowdsourced network-driven and user-driven data points.
- Explore the data to help improve the internal, B2B and B2C products and offer better awareness, security and troubleshooting to the LanSweeper and Fing user community.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team, such as product managers and executives, to help them get value from data and learn what they need from data.
Are you the new Big Data & Machine Learning Engineer at Lansweeper?
I am someone who has…
- Proven experience with Big Data open source frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Elastic.
- Proven experience with Java development, with an object-oriented design approach and strong knowledge of core language features such as multithreading, data structures and file I/O.
- Experience with Serialization, Generics, Memory Management.
- Ability to investigate complex systems with a large code base.
- Familiarity with source code management tools like Git, build systems like Maven and continuous integration and delivery practices.
- Knowledge of relational database design, SQL constructs and database optimization techniques.
- Good knowledge of English to read and write documentation and to actively interact with international teams outside Italy.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
I am someone who is:
- dynamic, committed, hands-on and passionate
- located in Rome or nearby
- a fast learner who operates well in a dynamic, high-paced, and collaborative environment
Going for gold
- Proven experience with streaming analytics and machine learning techniques and frameworks like Spark ML, Smile, scikit-learn, Keras.
- Experience with popular open source libraries: Apache Commons, logging libraries, dependency injection tools, Google Protocol Buffers.
- Experience with cloud-native environments, including Kubernetes and Terraform
- Significant contributions to open-source projects
Our offer you can’t refuse
- Growing along with a company in full expansion
- Variation, challenges and responsibility
- Easy-going teamwork
- Working with leading tools and newest technology
- Fulltime long-term contract
- Competitive wage
- Extra company benefits like Ticket Restaurants, extra Health Insurance…
- Flexible working hours
- Teleworking budget
- Internal and external training
- Central and convenient office location