To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BloomUp is a fast-growing start-up with a mission to make mental support more accessible. We do this by immediately matching employees with their mental sidekick, an online psychologist or by making people more mentally resilient through guided growth trajectories.
We are a team of 12 passionate, young entrepreneurs who are extremely driven to make an impact within the mental health sector in Belgium. Together we stand firmly behind our mission, with enough time for some fun.
In October we launched our new product “Guided Growth Tracks”. These are self-help programs that help employees to become more mentally resilient. Tracks full of psycho-education, exercises and tips & tricks. Each employee is also assigned a mental sidekick for each trajectory, who guides the employee through the trajectory. This is done using online check-ins with the client between the different phases. In this way, the client is personally monitored throughout the online process.
We are looking for a data scientist who will be responsible for working out our approved VLAIO project and develop a hyper-personalised, ethical and privacy-friendly version of the guided growth tracks. You will be responsible for a large part to help build this. On top of that you’ll be the main liaison between our partnership with Omina Technologies and their data scientists and us.
What your responsibilities are:
- You need to prepare the data so it can be used by a highly sophisticated multi-leveled recommendation system
- You need to support clients with providing their customization requirements w.r.t. their privacy
- You need to select or assist the client with the selection of the best recommendation system for a given client
- Research privacy-friendly and ethical components for our recommendation system
- You contribute to improving and evaluating the content of the our guided mental self-help tracks
- You’ll be the owner of all internal and external analytics and dashboards
- Together with SkyScrapers (our DevOps partner) you’ll be owning the full data pipeline build on AWS
- You’ll manage our relationship with Omina Technologies (Data Science Partner)
- You are independent, communicative and flexible
- You are socially skilled and like to work in a team
- You are good at planning and organizing
- You express yourself fluently, both orally and in writing
What makes you perfect for this role:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree with a focus on data science/informatics/math/statistics/economics/engineering
- You speak fluent Python/R
- You have experience with databases (e.g. SQL, POSTGRES, MongoDB) for basic database management (DDL for creating a new table, DML for updating an existing table, DCL to control access rights) and for advanced queries
- You have experience in ETL and data preparation using open source packages such as Pandas
- You have experience in working with at least one data visualization tool (e.g. MetaBase, Grafana, …)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or similar
- You have experience with cloudplatforms like AWS
- You have a strong interest in the mental wellbeing of employees
- You dare to think outside the box and take initiative
- You can join us in the office in Antwerp at least once a week, preferably twice or 3 times
- You are fluent in English (French or Dutch are a plus)
What do we offer?
- The opportunity as the first data scientist to build on our own DS team in a fast-paced scale-up moving towards an AI-driven product company
Have a real impact on the mental health of millions of Belgians and Europeans and have direct interaction with those clients and the vocalised impact they feel of our work
- Full-time job (on the payroll)
- Attractive salary
- Meal vouchers (8 EUR)
- Eco vouchers (100 EUR)
- 13th month and vacation money
- Internet and home work reimbursement (164 EUR)
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Unlimited use of BloomUp
- 4x / year a company retreat
- Work from home
- Flexitime, you decide when you want to work
- Free healthy snacks and drinks at the office