To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector?
We are expanding internationally and are looking for an experienced, full-time Business Development Manager to help scale our Enterprise business in the short-term rental division. This individual will be ideally based out of our office in Madrid (Spain) however we also welcome EMEA remote candidates for this role.
- Report into the VPs of Sales and Business Development, and work closely with the other BDMs and Account Managers supporting our Enterprise clients (OTAs, hedge funds, leading hotel chains, property managers, real estate companies, service providers and research/industry consultants).
- Build, organise and execute your individual business development plan to achieve quarterly KPIs and sales targets.
- Elevate your profile as an expert in the travel, hospitality and vacation rental industry, and use it to create and maintain a close network of key Enterprise decision-makers.
- Suggest, support and assist in the development of strategic Enterprise partnerships.
- Keep up to date with the trends and challenges of the industry and identify potential prospects that could benefit from our solutions.
- Source new business opportunities via cold calling, email outreach campaigns, organising webinars, running product demo/training sessions, interaction with professional networking groups, and attending industry events.
- Maintain accurate records of your activities, pending tasks, and pipeline management.
- Respond to all inbound enquiries, referrals and leads.
- Develop bespoke presentations and provide tailored proposals in a professional, proactive and timely manner.
- Monitor and audit the client deliverables. Be prepared to generate reports to solve questions raised by prospects, drive engagement and close the sale.
- Together with the AM team, identify upsell and cross-selling opportunities from existing customers. This will also require supporting client QBRs.
- Provide proactive feedback from clients to our internal TechOps, Big Data and Product Development teams to help identify business requirements, constraints, determine development times, and/or product enhancements.
- Foster cross-collaboration, open communication, and commitment to the team.
- Where necessary, identify shortfalls in the process and procedures and suggest any improvements to ensure a consistently high level of service is adhered to.
- An ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business, Consultancy, Finance, Economics or another relevant field.
- You have 2+ years of proven experience working with Enterprise customers across the travel, hospitality or vacation rental industry. A consolidated professional network will be highly valued.
- You have a focused, “hunter” mentality to find, solicit, and drive new business opportunities through consultative selling.
- Proactive, self-starter and comfortable to work in an agile environment with a minimum of supervision.
- You have the ability to think and operate strategically, and have great problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages will be highly valued), and are capable of demonstrating a high level of diplomacy.
- You are comfortable with navigating software, conducting webinars/tutorials, and answering business questions through data (data analysis, data visualisation and presentations).
- You have experience with Salesforce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint and BI tools will be highly valued.
- Experience working in a SaaS or DaaS organisation will be valued.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it’s part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we’re excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can’t wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.