Greenomy is expanding, join a fast-growing company at the sweet spot between technology and sustainable finance!
At Greenomy, our mission is to accelerate the global transition to a sustainable economy. Our advanced SaaS regulatory reporting platform empowers companies and financial institutions to generate the data needed to comply swiftly and efficiently with the new tide of sustainable finance regulations at European and global levels. Our technology therefore facilitates the redirection of funds towards sustainable activities, speeding up the transition to a low carbon economy in line with the EU Green Deal.
In order to sustain our rapid growth, we are looking for a highly motivated Business & ESG Data Analyst to join our team. For this position we regret we are unable to offer visa support to candidates outside Europe.
How you will make an impact:
In this pivotal role, you will bridge the gap between business needs and sustainable solutions, ensuring our projects not only meet but exceed client expectations. With a significant focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data, comprising at least 50% of your workload, you will be instrumental in guiding our clients through the intricacies of sustainable business practices, leveraging your expertise to transform their data into actionable insights.
If you enjoy taking ownership and are at ease in an entrepreneurial environment where change is the norm and many things are still to be built, then this is a great opportunity to leave your mark at the early stage of a fast-growing scale-up.
What we expect from you:
- Engage directly with clients to capture their needs, transforming them into detailed specifications for our product team while communicating best practices.
- Conduct workshops with data providers to collect data samples and understand their requirements, ensuring a comprehensive collection of customizations.
- Explain the Greenomy data model, import templates, and API to clients and stakeholders, positioning yourself as an expert in ESG data and data models.
- Play a crucial role in the maintenance and enhancement of our ESG data model and import templates.
- Collaborate closely with our ESG Data Architect, product team, and sustainability team to drive product development, formulating precise requirements.
- Lead the effort in gathering and documenting comprehensive project requirements through interviews, surveys, and workshops.
- Define and document project scopes, objectives, and deliverables, ensuring alignment with client expectations and project goals.
- Oversee the quality of project deliverables, ensuring they meet both client needs and Greenomy’s high standards.
- Identify and implement process improvements within project delivery to enhance operational efficiency.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in complex data environments as a customer facing Technical Business Analyst.
- Proven experience in a business or data analysis role, with a strong emphasis on ESG or regulatory data requirements gathering and documentation.
- Knowledge of SQL, Data flows (ETL/ELT) and Data Modelling.
- Experience in Reporting and Dashboards (preferably PowerBI)
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment, contributing to collaborative project success.
- Experience in startups or dynamic, fast-paced environments is highly regarded.
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
What you can expect from us:
- Compensation package tailored to your skills and experience.
- A flexible and remote-friendly work environment.
- Opportunity to build your core skills internally and via external trainings.
- Regular team-building events.
- A fast-growing company with a sense of purpose operating in a highly innovative space.
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment.
- A complementary team with a balanced skill and seniority mix that will support you and help you perform.
- A strong recognition for your individual and collective contributions.
- A highly caring team that embraces diversity
More about Greenomy and our values:
Greenomy is a Brussels-based company founded in late 2020. Our partially remote team comprises passionate, diverse and complementary individuals from over 15 countries. We are fortunate to count on the trust and support of outstanding clients and strategic partners across Europe and beyond. We also have the backing of Euroclear, our first client who became our investor in February 2022. Our commitment to bringing innovative sustainability solutions to the market has been recognized on several occasions. Recent awards include “Best Sustainability Solution” at the 2022 SIBOS in Amsterdam and first place at the 2021 G20 Techsprint for Sustainable Finance solutions in Milan.
We believe our ambition can only become a reality with a strong team spirit, drive for purpose, and eagerness to learn. We feel a responsibility to create a safe space for everyone. We bring diversity and inclusion are at the top of our agenda. Last but not least, as a sustainability company, we need to walk the talk!
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and strives to be a Great Place to Work for All. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of any aspect that makes them unique (including race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability).