In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What You’ll Do:
Kpler is looking for an experienced Analyst within our Market Data Operations team based in Houston. The role will involve ensuring a high level of data quality collection, processing and analysis of data related to chemical markets. You will be requested to follow the main market events and track the specific trends occurring in these markets. In addition, you will be working on various projects to develop new features and improve Kpler data quality. This will include day-to-day collaboration with teammates from various departments and different offices globally.
- The chemicals analyst will function as a subject matter expert on the global petrochemicals, understanding the relationship between feedstocks, supply, demand and trade flows, supporting the global petchem team
- Perform daily checks and edits of data on Kpler platform to ensure reliability and accuracy of global seaborne flows, supply & demand
- Works closely with other individuals and teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and publications to clients
- Conducts research including identifying new data sources and statistical analysis of results
- Prepares written correspondence and engages directly with clients to present analysis
- Draft fast-response analysis to ad-hoc request from client for data and analysis (emails, chats, video calls and in-person meetings)
- Create systematic, automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, and other data analysts to understand business needs and then design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets;
- Support the day to day operations of Kpler by applying problem solving, pattern detection, and root cause analysis to a wide range of data issues in a fast paced environment;
- Help drive continuous improvements to the team’s data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported;
You could be a good fit if
- You have 2-3 years’ experience in commodity markets, with experience in data analytics
- You have experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets (advanced Excel, BI tools and SQL skills). Python Knowledge a plus
- You have an excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with databases, ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
- You are persistent, with a natural curiosity about biofuels market fundamentals and technical details
- You have well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening, writing and verbal skills
- You work well in a global team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team
- You have subject matter expertise in at least one related chemicals market
- You are adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines
What you will receive from Kpler:
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 10 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore, Greece, Germany and Cyprus!), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
• You will receive a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice