To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series of B funding, we welcomed four companies to our organization and want to grow over 100 million in ARR in 2024. With more than 560 teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries of which 175 in Belgium alone, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector?
What you will do:
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about complex data and its quality. Lighthouse relies on the Data Platform within its Engineering Organization for scalable, reliable, and secure data management.
Where you will have impact:
- Design and develop scalable, reliable data pipelines using the Google Cloud stack.
- Ingest, process, and store structured and unstructured data from various sources into our data-lakes and data warehouses.
- Optimise data pipelines for performance and scalability.
- Implement and maintain data governance frameworks, ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Create and maintain architecture RFCs and documentation
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipeline issues, implementing proactive measures for reliability and performance.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to automate deployments, with the data science team to productionalise models and fine-tune our airflow cluster, and with the analytics engineering team to decide on the data to be ingested into our data warehouse. As a platform team, we are expected to communicate effectively with teams across the entire engineering organisation.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other engineers working with data.
About our team:
Lighthouse is a data-driven company. Almost all business decisions here are backed by data. The Data Platform lies in the heart of the Engineering Organization of Lighthouse serving a big part of the data needs for the company. We manage state-of-the-art infrastructures, services and products and are constantly innovating to support all our business needs and products at scale.
Lighthouse’s Data Platform team has the following responsibilities and goals:
- Scalability, reliability, and security: A good data platform should be able to handle increasing volumes of data and user demands, provide reliable access to data, and protect the data from unauthorised access or loss.
- Enabling data-driven decisions and innovation: The ultimate goal of our team is to support the organisation’s strategic objectives, whether that’s making better business decisions based on data, developing new data-driven products or services, or improving operational efficiency.
- User empowerment: A data platform should not just be a tool for data experts, but for all users in the organisation. This includes providing user-friendly tools, clear documentation, and training to help users access and understand the data they need.
- Data governance and compliance: With the increasing importance and sensitivity of data, it’s crucial to have clear policies and procedures for managing data, as well as ensuring compliance with data protection regulations.
Technologies you’ll work with:
GCP, Python, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Airflow, dbt, dataflow, Kafka
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
What’s in it for you:
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or, if you live nearby, at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited time off: we believe in providing our employees with the flexibility and autonomy to manage their work-life balance effectively
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded, and passionate about what they do
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realise their full career potential
- A mandate to operationalize and democratise research through tools, training, and processes
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium or a company car
- Extensive health insurance packages for you and your dependents prioritising our employees’ holistic well-being and healthcare needs
- Private pension funding through group insurance
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- 2+ years of professional experience using Python, Java, or Scala for data processing (Python preferred)
- Demonstrably deep understanding of SQL and analytical data warehouses (BigQuery preferred)
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale.
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline tools (Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, dbt)
- Desire to continually keep up with advancements in data engineering practices
- Constantly improve product quality, security, and performance
- Catch bugs and style issues in code reviews
- Ship medium features independently
- Familiarity with GCP, Kubernetes (GKE preferred), CI/CD tools (Gitlab CI preferred), familiarity with the concept of Lambda Architecture.
- Experience with Apache Beam or Apache Spark for distributed data processing or event sourcing technologies like Kafka.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Grafana & Prometheus.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it’s part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we’re excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can’t wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.