Are you passionate about building and maintaining data systems? Do you consider yourself analytical with a flavor of business? Did you hear at least 30 times the following quote “Without data, you’re just another person with an opinion – Edwards Deming”?
Well, lucky you (and us)! We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us further in combining over 500 different data sources to get an automated valuation report generated with our AVM based on state-of-the-art machine learning technology.
At Realo, we help consumers and real estate professionals sell, let, buy, or rent properties online by providing them access to relevant listings enriched with local data and market valuations. ️
You will have a chance to work alongside engaged and like-minded people, in a hybrid environment (from our cozy office in the center of Ghent & remote). Sounds interesting?
What you will do:
- Collect and integrate data from multiple sources to generate automated real estate valuations
- Solve intriguing problems in a data-driven and quickly scaling environment
- Translate business requirements to solidify workflow automation
- Wrangle and organize data to meet project needs
- Build algorithms and prototypes to discover ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Ensure we have regular data analysis conducted and solid ground to make our decision on
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
You are a fit because:
- You have overall 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- You have a mighty knowledge of Python, PHP, and MySQL
- You have experience making data pipelines using libraries like Pandas and NumPy
- You have a university Master’s or Doctor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Mathematics
- You can geek out over Real Estate and Home prices
- You have knowledge of web development along with front-end skills
- You have powerful analytical and mathematical skills
- You are fluent in English (Dutch is a plus)
- You are familiar with machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow or Keras
- You have experience with cloud platforms (specifically AWS)
On top of a competitive salary, performance-based commission, and flexible working hours, we offer the following perks:
- Annual team (getaway) trip for 4 days
- Tuesday lunch delivery at the office
- Regular team drinks and events
- MacBook Pro
- Smartphone + paid subscription
- Commute reimbursement (bicycle, bus, train)
- Homeworking reimbursement
- Meal vouchers
- Yearly eco vouchers ♻️
How does all of this sound to you? Excited to join us?
Apply by sending your CV and a few sentences about why you would be a good fit ✉️ We will get back to you swiftly 🙂
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and seek to build a workplace that welcomes people from the broadest talent pool possible. Qualified individuals from all types of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Realo aims to become the leader in the real estate marketplace and data in Europe. Learn more about us at www.realo.be