In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Your future position
Since the release of GPT-4 and LLama2, Large-language models have gained public notoriety, and interfaces involving Generative AI proved to provide value to clients, analysts, and internal stakeholders. As an NLP/Generative AI Data Scientist at Kpler, you will be tasked with bringing the power of LLMs to Kpler clients and analysts.
You will be responsible for developing advanced NLP models for extracting insights from large volumes of textual data and generating actionable intelligence. You will devise creative ways of coupling textual data with the vast collection of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data that comprise the Kpler data ecosystem.
In this team, your mission is to:
- Design, develop, and deploy large language models to solve problems our teams face while dealing with textual data;
- Research and stay updated on the latest advancements in Generative AI and adapt them to our projects;
- Design pipelines to collect and curate diverse datasets and identify new sources that will drive business impact;
- Optimise and fine-tune generative models on our textual data to propose enhanced user experience with text-generative capabilities;
- Find efficient ways to tackle ML/Big Data challenges using relevant and up-to-date methods and technologies;
It will be a match if you
- You have at least 3 years of experience in DS role, deploying models into production;
- You have proven experience in participating in end-to-end ML solutions that produced business value;
- You have expertise in applications with a focus on Text Mining, Natural Language understanding and generation;
- You are proficient in Python;
- You have a track record developing ML-driven solutions;
- You have expert knowledge of at least one cloud computing platform (preferably AWS);
- You are fluent in English
It will be even better if you have
- You have a MSc. in a quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering…);
- You are comfortable with software engineering best practices;
- You value code simplicity, performance and attention to detail;
- You have experience working in an international environment.
What you will get at Kpler:
•We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 7 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
•We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work fully remote, hybrid or onsite
•You will get a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
•Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
And you REALLY want to join our Engineering team because…
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complex! This means we build real algorithyms and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand-new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity, Energy and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• Team of 85+ talented Engineers working with the most modern tech stack
Recruiter Screen: 30 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute video interview with the hiring manager, technical deep dive
Technical Exercise : Task completed at home, 30 minute debrief with Senior Engineers to discuss
Meet the Team: 30 minute video interview, an opportunity to see the fit and get to know your potential future team!
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice