To apply for this job please visit urbantz.breezy.hr.
The Bit About Urbantz
At Urbantz, we help the world’s largest retail, grocery, e-commerce and logistics companies love their last mile with a smarter, greener approach to delivery management. Our SaaS platform was built specifically for enterprises to help them cut through the complexity of multi-fleet operations and drive greater sustainability in the final mile at any scale.
More than 100 brands enjoy the clarity and control to cut their CO2 emissions, allocate smartly across carriers, build unique workflows and ensure on-brand delivery experiences for recipients with Urbantz.
Since our inception in 2015, we’ve enjoyed phenomenal growth across Europe, the Middle East and beyond. In 2020, Deloitte ranked us third in its annual Technology Fast 50 list.
Orchestrating the delivery of thousands and thousands of packages on a daily base is no small feat. It gets even more interesting if you ship from multiple locations, always going for the fastest and most economic (and ecologic!) option.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll mine through data and build algorithms that help our customers to operate efficient and sustainable Last Mile operations.
- Together with the product management team you identify opportunities to improve our customers Last Mile operations
- You mine route planning and tracking data, research algorithms and design new models
- Together with the software engineering teams, you implement end-to-end solutions and launch them in production
- You build mechanisms to continuously measure the performance of our algorithms
The Must Haves
- Master’s degree in a field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Machine Learning
- At least three years of relevant experience in a similar role
- A positive mindset and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can build a plan to iteratively deliver lager initiatives and organise the work to be done.
- You are proficient with a data mining stack such as SQL and Python
- You have demonstrated experience building Machine Learning models
- Fluent in English
The Great to Haves
- PhD in Machine Learning or Operational Research
- You have affinity with logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn’t count
- Work where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide.
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success.
- A competitive salary, the right tools and a range of fringe benefits depending on your country location.
- An incredibly diverse international team and a company culture that encourages freedom, creativity and collaboration.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences.
- Team meetups in Brussels (when it’s safe to do so), an annual offsite somewhere sunny.