We’re looking for a Desktop Support Administrator to join our IT team. In this role, you’ll help our employees with their technical issues, participate in IT projects, and play a crucial role in the employee onboarding process. Your problem-solving skills, dedication to making users happy, and work on IT projects will make our IT experience great. If you’re good with tech and love helping people, apply to join our IT team.
As a Desktop Support Administrator, you will be crucial in providing technical assistance and support to our end-users. You will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting desktops, laptops, peripherals, and software applications. Your expertise in diagnosing and resolving technical issues will be instrumental in ensuring that our employees have efficient and reliable access to IT resources.
You can expect to take care of the following:
- IT Employee onboarding: Prepare and configure hardware and documentation for new joiners. Welcome them on their first day and walk them through IT setup.
- End-User Support: Provide technical support to end-users, addressing hardware and software issues promptly and efficiently.
- Mobile Device Support: Assist with mobile device setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Software Support: Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot software applications and operating systems on end-user devices.
- Remote Support: Provide remote support to users working from different locations.
- Desktop Management: Configure, install, and maintain desktops, laptops, and peripherals, ensuring they are up-to-date and secure.
- Hardware Maintenance: Perform hardware maintenance, repairs, and upgrades as needed.
- Asset Tracking & Inventory Management: Keep the stockroom well-organized to track assets and inventory effectively. Record and label inventory items, and monitor any changes.
- IT Purchasing: Procure new hardware, IT equipment, and software as necessary or as per user requests.
- User Account Management: Manage user accounts, permissions, and access rights, ensuring security and compliance.
- Documentation: Participate in the creation and maintenance of how-to documents, system information, and IT processes and policies, as required.
- Training: Assist in training end-users on IT systems and best practices.
- Problem Resolution: Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Security Awareness: Promote and enforce IT security policies and practices among end-users.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the IT team to implement technology solutions and improvements.
The successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Mac OS and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and present security-related information effectively.
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and team-oriented.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and follows through exceptionally well.
- Continuous learning mindset to keep pace with evolving threats, technologies, and industry practices.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+ or similar) are highly desirable.
- Experience in managing and maintaining IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, storage systems, and associated hardware and software components.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python) and automation tools to streamline system administration tasks and improve efficiency.
- Experience working with a ticketing system.
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full-time job with a competitive salary package.
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully.
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues from different backgrounds.
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas.
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance.
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium), with offices in Gent (Belgium), Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).