We are looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to take a leading role in building bridges between our infrastructure & tech stack and the needs of our products, while supporting our engineering team. You ensure a stable and secure environment while working according to the latest standards. Among others, you will work on defining the infrastructure design and building reusable automated pipelines.
While DevOps is your primary and near-exclusive focus, you secretly enjoy getting your hands dirty now and then to dig into some backend development tasks and fill gaps where needed. And that’s okay, since you love working in a SaaS / tech / start-up environment where you are part of a manageable-sized team that’s not afraid to switch hats from time to time.
At TinkerList.tv, you will work together with an international and remotely set up engineering team on SaaS solutions for clients in television, streaming and entertainment business worldwide.
As a DevOps engineer, you will:
- Take ownership of the day-to-day management of all infrastructure, with a focus on high availability and application performance
- Provide in-depth insights and suggestions on application architecture
- Consult & decide on our CI/CD strategies to make our code deployments fast & frictionless
- Perform general improvements on our CI pipelines in terms of speed & reliability and create a scalable infrastructure in general
- Be responsible for logging & general application improvements
- Provide backend support by debugging the code in case of any bug reported in the end product
- Be the POC between the product team & our externally managed infrastructure service provider
- Provide a stable & developer-friendly local environment, for every OS used on the team
- Document your processes and decisions along the way to ensure transparency and visibility on your roadmap for your fellow engineering heroes and heroines, keeping all stakeholders informed on progress and milestones.
- Research on new technologies and share your insights, as we aim to be always one step ahead of our competitors and follow the latest trends in coding & product development
- Co-decide on tech stack improvements and innovation with the Engineering team lead and Product Owner
- Lend a hand with developing, designing new and improving existing solutions to ensure a stable and robust application, together with your colleagues on the back-end
- Share your technical skills and general knowledge of good practices with the other team members in meetings and our TinkerTalks
We’re looking for experienced infrastructure engineers with extensive knowledge of designing, implementing, and operating cloud infrastructure:
- You have 5+ years of relevant working experience as a DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer / SRE or similar role, whether as an employee, freelancer or self-learner.
- You have working experience and knowledge of the following tech stack:
- AWS (Ecosystem & CLI tool) – Knowledge of other cloud computing services is a plus
- CI/CD practices & automation (we use GitLab)
- You have experience working for SaaS platforms or high availability and scalable systems
- You feel as happy as a pig in mud working in a startup environment: a great sense of ownership, with a focus on collaboration and achieving goals together in an agile & fast-paced environment.
- You have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it.
- You can work independently and know how to self-manage your day-to-day tasks and upcoming projects.
- Being fluent in English is a must: strong communication skills & a focus on open, continuous conversation and feedback are key to success working in a remote set-up.
- Time zone: You are based in Europe to ensure a time zone overlap for collaboration with the engineering stakeholders of this project.
Important notice: We hire people, not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you’d like to grow into in your next position, we still want to encourage you to apply. We are growing at a fast pace and have several positions open in our agile teams.
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learning or success.
- A full-time contract
- A competitive salary in line with your experience, skills, and knowledge
- 20 paid holidays, as well as 10 public holidays, paid sick days and parental leave, with a flexible ‘no ask, must tell’ time-off policy
- Flexible work hours and remote working
- Learning opportunities and budget for personal development and growth
- A friendly working environment where your voice is heard and taking ownership is highly valued
- A health insurance program (in Belgium) or a budget for private health insurance in your country of residence when based outside of Belgium
- A yearly team retreat that brings the whole remote team together on a secret – and mostly sunny – location, for a week filled with relaxing & teambuilding activities to strengthen our interpersonal ties.
We’re a high-growth established startup with big plans for the future. That means a big challenge, but also means big growth opportunities.
At TinkerList, we collaborate as an international and cosy team from all over the world, working closely together in a family-like atmosphere.
This role is either remote or Belgium-based, depending on your location. If you work from Belgium, you are offered a spot at our office in De Hoorn, a creative co-work space in Leuven.
Notice: From a legal perspective, applicants outside of Belgium are always hired as self-employed or independent contractors.