We’re at a turning point in history. Climate change is changing the world faster than ever before. Utilities will play a crucial role in the transformation of our society to fight climate change and become carbon-neutral, while at the same time making sure people and businesses can continue to use energy supply like they’ve been used to for so many years.
At Gorilla, we’re determined to not stay aside, but to make a real impact on the utility industry by providing data services that allow utilities to play the role they need to play in the quest for a net-zero society. By building something that solves a real problem, and by being the best at what we do.
You work closely with our architect and VP of product & engineering to engage, empower and motivate the engineering team to maximize retention of top talent by connecting the company’s stretching OKRs and KPIs to their day-to-day activities.
You create and facilitate learning and development opportunities to grow the knowledge of the team in line with product objectives and future roadmap. You face into any areas of under-performance by providing frequent feedback and supported learning journeys.
- You help in developing a workforce strategy to meet the organization’s current and future software engineering needs through developing, hiring, and/or sourcing talent.
- You manage software engineering talent, playing a key role in performance management and compensation processes, role and competency definition, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- You partner with the People team to create learning and development opportunities aligned to the team’s skill and capability needs, and to provide rewarding career paths for our software engineers.
- You recruit and hire talent to address new needs and skill gaps.
- You facilitate collaboration and partnership across software engineering teams and stakeholders.
- You build a culture that supports learning, collaboration, transparency, and inclusiveness. You provide feedback to your team members to help them grow, and keep them accountable for their own personal development plans and objectives.
- You manage employee engagement and promote a compelling employee value proposition to retain software engineers.
- You champion best practices and modern software development methods.