Silverfin reinvents the way financial advisors work: our cloud-based technology allows 800+ accountancy firms and financial advisors to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
We’ve built one hell of a product and our customers love us. Even our customers’ customers love us.
Why? Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improves communication with their customers.
We have been growing rapidly since our launch in 2013. Originating from Belgium, we have successfully launched activities in the UK, Benelux and Nordics. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 12 countries with 170+ colleagues.
As a fast-growing company, we’ve launched an internship programme to give the young professionals of tomorrow the opportunity to take their first steps into the business world. We are still looking for interns in 2023 (2nd half-year)/2024 (1st half-year).
What you will be doing during your internship?
You will join our finance team (8 people) and support us with Silverfins’ Accounts Payable / Receivable for BE-NL-UK:
Process & book supplier invoices & expenses
Run supplier communications
Keep bank ledgers updated on a daily basis
Assist in processing sales orders into contract settings
Check & post auto-generated customer invoices, and prepare manual use cases for review
Run customer receivables communication (bills, questions, requests)
Support/operate the auto-suggested collections processes on a daily basis
Support monthly closing: prepare reconciliations, support the closing tasks of our senior accountants
Support/prepare recurring quarterly/year-end compliance with regard to our working papers, annual accounts production and/or corporate tax
Assist the team, or take the lead, in iteration projects for existing accounting processes (automation, new tools, implement new features, etc.)
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- You are currently studying an accountancy related Bachelor or Master.
- You are an independent worker. Eager to get results.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Positive drive and mindset
- You are customer-oriented & don’t mind interacting with people
- Fluent in Dutch and English
What we offer?
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene.
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do.
- Sports during lunch breaks.
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks, fresh fruits and … drinks on Thursday.
- Regular team activities.
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam.