To apply for this job please visit careers.greenomy.io.
Greenomy is expanding, join a fast-growing company at the sweet spot between technology and sustainable finance!
At Greenomy, our mission is to accelerate the global transition to a sustainable economy. Our advanced SaaS regulatory reporting platform empowers companies and financial institutions to generate the data needed to comply swiftly and efficiently with the new tide of sustainable finance regulations at European and global levels. Our technology therefore facilitates the redirection of funds towards sustainable activities, speeding up the transition to a low carbon economy in line with the EU Green Deal.
In order to sustain our rapid growth, we are looking for an exceptional Finance Intern to join our team.
How you will make an impact
As a Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and work closely with our Finance Manager, management team, and external advisors. In this role, you will support the growth of our company and contribute to the sound financial management of our operations. You will also help to professionalize our financial function by assisting with the setup of robust, but agile, processes. In this financial role, you will gain valuable insight into current accounting practices and trends, and will have the chance to be involved in capital raising and adapting to new business conditions. This is a great opportunity to apply your financial education and skills in a real world setting.
What we expect from you
- Maintaining of accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll and bank statements
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and monthly budget reports
- Assist with the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, in particular with analytical accounting
- Coordinate with external auditors and tax advisors to ensure compliance with financial regulations
- Interface with our investors for financial reporting purposes
- Assist with the management of office operations, including supplies, equipment, and vendors
What we are looking for
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Strong interest in finance and accounting
- Awareness of financial risk management principles
- Familiarity with Belgian and international accounting standards
- Fluent in English, French and/or Dutch
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This internship is limited to students who are following a study at a Belgian university or Belgium based residents studying abroad.
What you can expect from us
- A flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- A fast-growing company with a sense of purpose operating in a highly innovative space
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- A complementary team with a balanced skill and seniority mix that will support you and help you perform
- A strong recognition for your individual and collective contributions
- A highly caring team that embraces diversity
More about Greenomy and our values
Greenomy is a Brussels-based company founded in late 2020. Our partially remote team comprises passionate, diverse and complementary individuals from over 15 countries. We are fortunate to count on the trust and support of outstanding clients and strategic partners across Europe and beyond. We also have the backing of Euroclear, our first client who became our investor in February 2022. Our commitment to bringing innovative sustainability solutions to the market has been recognized on several occasions. Recent awards include “Best Sustainability Solution” at the 2022 SIBOS in Amsterdam and first place at the 2021 G20 Techsprint for Sustainable Finance solutions in Milan.
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity and strives to be a Great Place to Work for All. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of any aspect that makes them unique (including race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, …).