To apply for this job please visit cheqroom.recruitee.com.
Full Stack Python Developer
Hi there! We are Cheqroom, but we’ll talk about us later…today is all about you! We’re opening a new position for a Full Stack Python Developer to join our team!
What will you be doing?
- Together with the product team and the rest of the engineering team, you design, build, ship, and iterate on great new features and improvements for brands we look up to.
- You contribute to our growing API to provide the required data to our web and mobile application, as well as enable customers to do even more amazing things using Cheqroom under the hood.
- You come up with plans to improve the architecture of our applications and build them.
Are you the one?
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role, ideally in a product company.
- Fluent in English.
- A “make it happen” attitude, and you’re able to work independently. But you also know how and when you’re better off working together and pulling in help.
- You value clean and readable code and actively look for new ways to improve our way of working, both technically and operationally.
- You have already worked on Python web applications and are happy to explore other languages, such as Typescript.
- You have experience in working with front-end frameworks such as React.
- You are passionate about digital products and making them as good as they can get.
Bonus points if you
- Love implementing new domains, and you look forward to becoming an equipment management domain expert.
- Know a thing or two about microservice design, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, and Amazon Web Services.
- Are passionate about working at a SaaS scale-up.
- K.I.S.S. is not just an obscure 70’s rock band; it’s your development motto.
- Are not shy to be on camera. Have you seen our videos, by the way?
Why should you join us?
We are a fast-moving scale-up with offices in the beautiful city of Ghent (Belgium) and lively New York.
Joining Cheqroom is joining a highly motivated and inspiring team of colleagues who are happy to take you on this rollercoaster of challenges and experiences! We think outside the box and welcome everyone!
We top it with:
- Flexibility when it comes to working hours and working from home (although we like to see your pretty face at the office at least once a week),
- Annual personal learning budget ,
- Work from abroad (The world is your oyster! Get your bags ready because you will have 6 weeks to work remotely)
- Latest tools (including Apple gear) so you can do your work without frustration (laptop, phone, and all the usual).
- All the usual extra benefits , and some more,
- And a great company culture where you will feel right at home!
Last (but not least), who are we?
Cheqroom is the number-1 equipment-management software, and we are getting ready to further scale globally.
Our mission? Let makers make!
We make equipment management delightfully simple for companies like Google, Fox Sports, EA, Gorillas, NBC, ESPN, … We help them stay on top of their inventory by digitizing the entire process through an intuitive and collaborative software solution that saves both time and money – allowing them to focus on their passion for creating.
*Diverse teams build better products An asterisk you’ll want to read
We know for a fact that women, people of color, and minorities, in general, are not likely to apply for a job they only feel 70% qualified for. We’re here to tell you that you are, in fact, enough, and we strongly encourage you to be confident and to submit your application either way. You’ve got this.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to meet you!