To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Who are we?
Deliverect is in hyper-growth! As a global SaaS Unicorn, our mission is to be the backbone of on-demand food, with over 250 million orders completed, operating globally.
We simplify online order management to help restaurants, cloud kitchens and food chains around the world become faster, smarter and more connected, so they can serve even more delicious food to their customers.
With real-time insights they can manage inventory, track revenue growth, automatically update stock, adjust menus globally and spot new opportunities across platforms with ease.
Who do we work with?
The most popular and up-and-coming food delivery platforms around the globe, along with your local takeaway restaurants and stores! We also partner with Point Of Sale (POS) Software providers, ensuring we work together in the FoodTech space to deliver a market-leading product.
Located in our hubs across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and the Middle East we are growing rapidly. We are ambitious, take ownership and celebrate success with the entire team. Because we have a deep level of respect for each other, there is always room to learn and develop.
Reason for the Role
We are looking for a Head of Accounting who loves a high growth, dynamic and flexible working environment, collaborating with colleagues from across the globe. The key responsibility is to further building out the global accounting organization, especially across EMEA, North America and APAC. Taking ownership over financial reporting, reviewing and improving processes and internal controls with scalability in mind. A creative and energetic team player, you are eager to tackle new and exciting challenges, to drive operational excellence and have fun while doing it.
Your contributions will have a direct and profound impact on the strategic plans and performance of Deliverect.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and creating structure within the Accounting function and Finance related work streams to support decision-making.
- Ownership of all the accounting workstreams, including planning and supervising day-to-day activities on revenue recognition, general ledger, accounts payable / receivables, payroll and commissions, and IFRS consolidation.
- Leading on financial procedures and controls, including managing financial period close, financial statement preparation, and analysis.
- Deliver accurate and timely results reporting to management and shareholders, ensuring the integrity of reporting and analysis.
- Provide structure and discipline around internal controls, treasury, and fiscal management functions, ensuring budget and cash flow management are aligned.
- Leading the development and use of best practices, policies, and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross-team communications, and workflow.
- Managing financial systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth and drive controls, efficiency, and accuracy of all financial reporting processes.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors, accounting/tax advisors, payroll and banking partners.
- Oversee cash and expense management, monitoring and analyzing cash flows and budgets to ensure compatibility with company operations and stage of growth.
- Prepare accurate and insightful monthly budgets comparisons by reviewing performance measures, SaaS KPIs, targets, and metrics that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Recruit, supervise and develop internal team of accountants, acting as mentor and ensuring team’s success through timely feedback and career pathing.
- A driven and high-impact Finance leader with significant accounting and financial operations expertise, to act as a true business partner to the CFO.
- Highly experienced Accounting Manager, with at least 7-8 years of post-certification experience, and proven experience as a Head of Accounting/Financial Controller or similar relevant role.
- Ability to thrive in a highly international, fast-paced and hyper-growth work environment. Prior experience working in a rapidly scaling venture-backed business is a plus.
- Extensive accounting, IFRS consolidation and reporting and working with an ERP system required. Capital market experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, able to juggle multiple work streams.
- Excellent communication and people skills, able to manage and influence key stakeholders internally and externally, able to collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functionally.
- Ability and enthusiasm to balance major topics combined with a focus on everyday details.
- Hands-on manager whose proactive presence motivates and reassures team members to promote productive operations and problem-solving.
- Proficiency in the use of modern financial software and tools, and how to combine them.
What we offer
- Fast-growing SaaS scale-up recently awarded Unicorn status
- Plenty of scope to develop and take ownership
- Competitive salary
- Range of benefits
- We want to support everyone. We offer flexibility around working hours, locations and office days
- Diverse international team; regular company and team events
- Transparency and visibility including a weekly company sprint on vision, strategy, roadmap and progress
- Constantly innovating product with weekly releases, constant new features and incremental optimisations
- An early position in a scaling international scale-up with strong growth plans
- Be a part of solving some of the biggest challenges facing the global food tech market
We value strength from diversity, embracing our differences by working together within a safe and inclusive working environment. You are welcome at Deliverect for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our workplace is for everyone. We are committed to treating everyone fairly and equally. If you need any support during our recruitment process, please get in touch email@example.com.