In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
We are looking for a results-driven and experienced Head of Sales Specialists who will be responsible for leading a team of talented Sales Specialists (New Business) who are tasked with helping our commercial team achieve their goals by increasing sales impact. This individual is passionate and motivated by the idea of selling a disruptive technology solution in the commodity markets and implementing a sales plan to drive revenue.
More specifically you will:
• Be responsible for the new business sales strategy and tactical goals, and after its design and implementation, be ready to adapt those to shifts in the market and to new business priorities
• Manage a growing team, coach them, and help everyone get the best out of themselves. Create a team environment where everyone feels part of it, shares best practices, and helps each other
• Ensure productivity and the effectiveness of the team are second to none by monitoring analytics and by having the right processes in place so that sales force activities (forecasting, pipeline management, etc.) are as accurate as possible and always up-to-date
• Be able to support your decisions and shifts of strategies with data and have an excellent understanding of all the metrics that impact sales performance in your region
• Identify key markets and stay on top of emerging trends and industry factors (competitors, regulations, pricing)
• Collaborate and work closely with other teams (Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and more)
• Ensure the teams are translating client needs into actionable feedback so the Product team can adapt the product roadmap
• Cooperate with your peers and management to align on the global sales strategy
- Has 5 – 10+ years of experience leading sales teams in SaaS or DaaS in either the Energy, Commodities, or Financial Services industries. MUST HAVE. Experience in any of these sectors is essential.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of sales techniques to help the team achieve their individual and collective goals
- Analytical skills – able to derive key insights to support the business globally
- A leader who leads by example is hands-on and is ready for a very fast-paced environment
- Used to work in a truly multicultural environment
- Able to look into short (e.g. quarterly targets) and long-term goals such as market trends.
- A cooperative person ready to go the extra mile, not afraid of changes, and with a flexible mindset
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice