To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
We are looking for a passionate software engineer with a strong interest in software security to join the Munich team working on our app analysis tool AppSweep.
AppSweep is our free-to-use analysis tool that allows app developers to test their apps for vulnerabilities, privacy issues and other security related programming errors. Our aim is to support developers as best as we can, for instance by integrating fully into the development process, focussing on low false positives, and giving actionable advice on how to fix the found problems.
The ideal candidate loves to come up with new code analysis ideas for Android apps or native code, and likes to work on detection capabilities for real world threats. Ideally you already have experience with the low level Java, apps analysis or reverse engineering. In our team you will get the flexibility to test your ideas and experiment even further.
The person we are looking to hire is able to prioritize tasks and constantly tries to improve our codebase. He or she is a disciplined and independent worker who takes pride in his or her work.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or similar practical experience.
- Good Java skills.
- Strong interest in Mobile security, e.g. from university courses or from CTFs.
- Interest in low level programming, compiler technology and optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with common analysis techniques like abstract interpretation and program slicing techniques.
- Experience with app development and Android build tools (Gradle, Proguard, etc.).
- Previous experience working with complex code bases.
- Experience with reverse engineering and the commonly used tools like Jadx, apktool, etc.
- Research, test and implement additional analysis techniques.
- Research newly found issues in apps, and develop detection techniques.
- Maintain and improve our existing code base.
- Support customers in the usage of our software.
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full time job with a competitive salary package.
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully.
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds.
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas.
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance.
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).