We’re at a turning point in history. Climate change is changing the world faster than ever before. Utilities will play a crucial role in the transformation of our society to fight climate change and become carbon-neutral, while at the same time making sure people and businesses can continue to use energy supply like they’ve been used to for so many years.
At Gorilla, we’re determined to not stay aside, but to make a real impact on the utility industry by providing data services that allow utilities to play the role they need to play in the quest for a net-zero society. By building something that solves a real problem, and by being the best at what we do.
As Legal and Compliance Officer you take ownership of the negotiation of sales contracts, including adding and processing redlines.
You strive to optimise and build internal knowledge of applicable law in each of our activity regions while leveraging external expertise where needed. Current relevant regions are the UK, EEA / EU, AU, NZ and US.
You oversee all security standards within the company and skillfully design relevant business processes as they are an essential part of an effective and efficient security framework.
You work closely with our internal teams, customers, and partners to mitigate legal and security risks and ensure the protection of our (information) assets.
Last but not least, you are responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Data Room required during funding rounds. The Data Room will contain all required legal and extralegal documents to be scrutinised as part of the due diligence work preceding the fundraising. Coordination with corporate lawyers, auditors and controllers will be part of the due diligence process.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements related to the company’s products and services. Agreements include NDAs, products agreements, service agreements and work orders, data processing agreements, and partnership and alliance agreements
- Provide legal advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on a variety of legal matters, including corporate law, contract interpretation and dispute resolution
- Conduct internal investigations and manage external legal and regulatory inquiries as needed
- Monitor, interpret and anticipate changes in legal and compliance regulations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement efficient and effective security policies and procedures to protect the company’s information assets
- Enforce and maintain information security policies and procedures
- Manage information security risk – like threats and vulnerabilities – by identifying, assessing, registering, managing, and mitigating said risks
- Build and manage security awareness and training programs
- Set up, maintain, and execute incident response and management procedures
- Collaborate with the Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) to establish and maintain security operations
- Orchestrate tool vendor screening, selection and management, based on the ideal policies and procedures for information management