In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Your future position
Connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients – mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds – a unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
As we look to build out the insights and research functions within Kpler, we are adding experienced market professionals with solid backgrounds across the worlds of trading, fundamental analytics and consulting. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining our long-term outlook, using Kpler’s proprietary data and forecasts as well as externally sourced information.
Your mission is to:
- Using Kpler’s data and forecasts, identify, research, and report on interesting developments in the long-term energy outlook for Kpler’s client base
- Through such insights, and using Kpler’s proprietary information, work closely with the global sales and marketing teams to demonstrate the value of Kpler’s solutions to the energy industry
- Use your experience to enhance coverage of the long-term picture through the development of new models and reports
- Promote research and materials produced within Kpler across all external stakeholders, building relationships with both the mainstream and specialist media
- Produce company webinars as well as participate in external webinars and conferences as panellist or speaker
- Collaborate with the product and technical teams to further develop our portfolio of client offerings
It will be a match if you are or have:
- You have at least 4 years prior experience in analysing the long-term energy outlook
- Strong experience with Oil markets is essential (though role will also cover Natural Gas markets)
- You have experience of producing independent market analysis and insights as well as working collaboratively within a team
- You are skilled at carrying out complex analysis across multiple datasets using appropriate tools
- You have experience of presenting to varied audiences
- Fluent in English and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of using SQL, Python, R or Tableau is beneficial
What you will get at Kpler
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
- You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 7 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
- We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work fully remote, hybrid or onsite
- You will get a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
And you REALLY want to join the team because:
- We are the market leader in commodity data and analytics with a healthy pipeline of innovation
- Our growth is strong and we are proudly bootstrapped
- We are still small enough that you can know everyone and your voice will be heard
- We are passionate about growth and this includes your personal development
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice