To apply for this job please visit careers.greenomy.io.
Do you want to join one of the pioneers in ESG reporting?
Greenomy is expanding, join our mission in accelerating the green transition!
Greenomy is a fast-growing greentech scale-up that built an advanced SaaS regulatory reporting platform for companies and financial institutions. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to a sustainable economy. We want to empower companies and financial services to measure, analyze, plan and execute their sustainability objectives while enabling them to efficiently and effectively comply with regulations. Our platform’s outcome and mission will enable the redirection of funds towards sustainable activities, speeding up the transition to a carbon neutral economy in line with the EU Green Deal.
In order to sustain our rapid growth and scale our operations to the next level, we are looking for a highly motivated NLP Data Scientist to join our team.
An international, diverse and multicultural team of over 50 highly passionate Greenomers, comprising highly skilled individuals in sustainable reporting, technology, regulatory, and project management and of over 12 different nationalities from technology, consulting and banking law firms, European institutions, start-ups, Masters, PhDs and MBAs from top universities.
Since our launch in 2020 we have partnered with major industry leaders, are backed by serious investors (Euroclear) and we are working with the most reputable sustainability experts. Our headquarters are based in Brussels, in addition we have a solid remote team located in over 20 countries across the globe.
Some of our values who make us who we are: We have a growth mindset, are team spirited, purpose driven with a strong passion for learning
We are proud of the following awards our team achieved since our launch in 2020 which show the innovativeness of our solutions: European Discovery Fintech Startup 2021, International Laureate of the Fintech for Tomorrow Challenge 2020, One of the 100 most innovative fintechs in the world by FinTech Abu Dhabi 2021; First prize in the “Data Collection, Verification and Sharing” category at the G20 TechSprint 2021, The LHoFT – Luxembourg House of Financial Technology’s acceleration program Catapult Kickstarter 2021.
At Greenomy, our mission is to accelerate the global transition to a sustainable economy. We want to empower companies and financial services to measure, analyze, plan and execute their sustainability objectives while enabling them to efficiently & effectively comply with regulations.
Role & and responsibilities:
- Automate manual user actions, for instance by extracting data points from unstructured documents with OCR & NLP
- Manage data related to energy efficiency measures and renewable energy procurement, carbon reporting, GHG emission protocols, etc.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations to support our clients’ sustainability transition on topics related to climate change mitigation/adaptation, etc.
- Identify and implement best in class algorithms to generate insights and bespoke recommendations
- Help refine the platform to collect data, store and analyze it and present dynamic visualizations.
- Transform structured and unstructured, complex ESG data (Environmental, Social, and Governance) into quantitative/qualitative insights
- Coordinate with IT and Product teams the integration of analytical and visual tools onto our platform
- Be comfortable working with large datasets and be proactive when faced with incomplete data or an obstacle to interpretation, to find ways to generate insights.
- Advanced degree MS/PhD in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research or Environmental Engineering/Science
- At least 5 years’ experience as a consultant or analyst in the above-mentioned disciplines
- Advanced experience with information extraction from documents (pdf/websites): document parsing, ocr, Named entity recognition, keyword extraction, topic detection, etc.
- Good knowledge about what can be achieved with state-of-the-art open-source NLP technologies, pre-trained models, external apis for typical NLP tasks
- Data science tools such as Python (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy), R/RStudio, SQL and noSQL databases
- Effective time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong interpersonal skills, pragmatic, business-oriented mindset and ability to work with both Greenomy’s team and clients
Nice to have:
- Expertise in data visualizations tools (Tableau, Power BI) to generate actionable insights and communicate results.
- Expertise in sustainability or ESG reporting
- Experience with the AWS cloud environment
At Greenomy we Offer:
- International, diverse, multi-cultural and complementary team
- Fast-growing company with a sense of purpose
- Highly innovative environment with learning opportunities in the latest data science technologies
- Great place to work – we promote openness, teamwork and knowledge sharing within and beyond the company
- Training opportunities (subject-matter – e.g. EU Taxonomy, sustainability -, hard and soft skills)
- Highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for individual contributions