In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Kpler’s Market Data Analyst team behind our industry-leading Crude Oil platform is looking for an experienced Analyst in Singapore to help support and further develop our constantly evolving product, that spans a wide range of market data including cargo-tracking, inventories, freight, supply & demand, and refineries.
The role will involve daily checking, structuring, and analysis of cargo-level data. You will be required to follow the main events occurring in the crude oil market, track specific trends impacting global trade flows, and build a network of contacts in the industry. Your objective will be to monitor the Kpler platform and constantly ensure the highest level of accuracy and timeliness of our data, with more focus on the APEC region. You will also be expected to regularly interact with our clients to help them extract as much value from our systems as possible.
In addition, you will be working on various projects to develop new features and improve Kpler data quality.
This will include:
– Day-to-day collaboration with teammates from various global offices and teams
– Regular research and tracking of oil market news on both macro and granular levels
– Daily checks of Kpler data to ensure reliability and accuracy of services provided
– Extracting meaningful patterns and detecting trend disruption
– Drafting fast responses to ad-hoc requests from our users
– Assisting the Commercial teams in demonstrating Kpler’s values to clients and prospects
– Maintaining and expanding a comprehensive dataset related to the oil market
– Regular participation in client meetings to discuss market- and data-related topics
– Participate in long-term projects, and collaborate with global colleagues from various teams to deliver market insights, product enhancements and new features
It could be the perfect fit if you…
– Have an undergraduate degree (graduate degree is a plus) in Economics, Finance, International Trade or Engineering related fields
– At least 3 years of experience as an Analyst (or a similar role) covering the Crude Oil market (experience working with the broader petroleum commodities market/industry is also considered)
– Are a highly motivated individual, a self-starter who will be passionate about owning responsibilities upholding the trusted accuracy and agility of the Kpler crude oil data
– Have advanced Excel skills and some understanding of SQL (other languages such as Python or VBA is a plus)
– Demonstrate strong capabilities in logical thinking with attention to detail
– Have experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets
– Possess excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with database and able to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
– Are an effective team player, quick learner and able to cope with short deadlines across different simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
– Have great communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively discuss various technical and business topics with internal and external stakeholders
What you will receive from Kpler:
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 10 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore, Greece, Germany and Cyprus!), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
• You will receive a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
1) Recruiter Screen: 30/45 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
2) Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Hiring Managers
3) Take home exercise
4) Exercise Debrief: 1 hour debrief to review the completed exercise with 2 Hiring Managers
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice