Who we are
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner. Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service. In April 2019, Cowboy launched its third model, the Cowboy 3, where it is sold in 8 countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In May 2021, Cowboy unveiled its fourth generation electric bike, the Cowboy 4.
About the role
As a Payroll and Office Manager, you will be an integral part of our People Operations Function, taking full ownership of Payroll and HR admin, as well as Office Operations.
As a Payroll and Office Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading high-impact people projects concerning running our Belgian and International Payroll functions (we have employees across the UK, Germany, France and the The Netherlands), managing visa applications, onboarding our new starters, and many more. You will manage the day-to-day administrative aspects of running a growing business and optimise and develop processes to make Cowboy the best place to work and learn.
As a Payroll and Office Manager, you’ll be looking after our HQ located in the heart of Brussels, Belgium. We are a hybrid business with a team of around 60 employees who regularly come to our offices. Your role would be to provide the most amazing experience to our on-location staff spanning from supplier selection, to maintaining and improving the premises, as well as organising social events and activities to connect our remote and on-location teams.
As Payroll and Office Manager your responsibilities would include:
- People Operations:
- Running our Belgian and International Payroll functions with support from SD Worx (Belgium) and Deel (UK, Germany, France, The Netherlands).
- Being the main point of contact for any employment related inquiries (ie. social legislation and payroll administration).
- As a payroll specialist you also follow the latest developments in social legislation and you share your expertise with your colleagues.
- You actively participate in the analysis and optimisation of our payroll and administrative processes.
- Being responsible for the preparation, compilation and delivery of monthly reports, analysis reports, statistics, for example: works council, leave monitoring, dashboards, and ad hoc reports for management.
- Managing all employment related admin tasks such as employee pre-, on-, and off-boarding, medical insurance registration etc.
- Office Operations:
- Creating an outstanding experience for our on-location and remote teams by transforming our offices to the most amazing work environment.
- Managing our office supplier base; monitoring, ordering and reporting on office resources and usage (IT equipment, stationery, furniture, water etc.)
- Ensuring office safety and security.
- Organising social events and meetups in the office, making the necessary travel and catering arrangements.
- Accepting deliveries and post, meeting guests.
- In general, being the true guardian of the office and happiness of employees.