To apply for this job please visit careers.be-mobile.com.
Be-Mobile, headquartered in Ghent, pioneers in Smart Mobility Solutions on an international level. We offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows in order to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistics companies all around the world in control over their mobility processes. We are currently developing technological solutions for electronic toll collection, intermodal route planning, fleet management, etc.
We are a fast-growing company where people are the most valuable asset. We believe in personal growth by sharing our knowledge and expertise, and now we are looking for a PHP Backend Developer who is eager to strengthen our dynamic team of enthusiasts.
As a PHP backend developer, you co-develop our 4411 products which is live in 200 cities and municipalities. Doing so, you maintain the world’s easies mean of safe mobile payment. The backend technology of 4411 is aligned with Be-Mobile’s corporate technologies and quality standards. As a passionate backend developer, your main responsibilities include:
- You make a functional analysis of components that need to be implemented, determining their scope and technical designs.
- You research, develop, implement, unit-test and maintain new software code that will be used to build further on our 4411 products.
- You work closely with the Project / Product Managers to provide delivery according to schedule.
- You work independently but also agile in team during the build and implementation in streamlined development phases.
- You maintain an up to date knowledge of current and new technologies.
You are willing to use, improve and share your PHP knowledge and act as SPOC for the 4411 PHP platform.
We are looking for the following skillset:
- You developed larger projects in PHP and brought them to a good end.
- You have hands-on experience and good knowledge of the Symfony framework, doctrine ORM, RabbitMQ, supervisord, etc.
- As we use Go (see golang) throughout our entire stack, curiosity for this language is seen as a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and GIT is important.
- You are eager to work with interesting technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, protobuf/ flatbuffers, elasticsearch and kafka.
- Knowledge of protocols such as REST and websockets are a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- Team players who share their knowledge and experience flourish in the 4411 team.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver and a goal getter.
Don’t let new things scare you off, if you have right learning attitude, we’d love to welcome you!
As a fast growing tech company we indulge cutting-edge technologies and we invest in durable and interesting careers where we map your professional growth on the opportunities within Be-Mobile.
You’ll feel at home if you share values like integrity and open feedback. Our young, trustworthy and passionate team players are curious to get to know you! Are you as well?
We provide a very interesting total remuneration package, flexible working hours and healthy team initiatives, which we will explain during the selection process.
If you recognize yourself in this role and would like to flourish in the 4411 Team, we are happy to hear from you!