To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Chiron is Yields.io’s award-winning platform for automated model validation and testing. Our product is used to monitor the stability and quality of complex mathematical models.
The solution is used by both international investment banks as well as by regional financial institutions to increase the efficiency of model validation and generate regulatory compliant documentation. Apart from this software solution, we offer advice and implementation services to assist our clients through their model risk management journey.
Yields.io has its headquarters in Belgium, is alumnus of the IMEC.iStart incubator program and is backed by investments from Volta Ventures (early-stage European VC) and Michel Akkermans (serial entrepreneur, private investor, and former CEO and chairman of Clear2Pay).
We are currently looking for an experienced application developer to help expand our micro-services based application. More precisely, your role will mainly consist in designing and developing user-friendly Python library/API’s for both internal and client use. To do so, you will be collaborating on one side with the customer succes team and on the other side with the application development team, acting as an interface between the two. In general you are expected to convey a vision, take initiative and be proactive in terms of your solution design.
Some key tasks you would be acting on:
- Python API design/maintenance
- management of our analytics python libraries
- bug fixing
- deprecation implementation
- support of the team on Python
- Expert knowledge in Python
- Experience in python library/API design and implementation
- Proficiency with open API technologies/Swagger
- Good understanding of micro-services based architectures
- Proficient in English
- Analytical and pragmatic mindset
- Be able to commute to the office in Belgium at least once a week
- Knowledge of Scala or alternatively Java
- Docker, k8s
- Jupyter ecosystem
- Exposure to big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Basic understanding of machine learning algorithms
- Enthusiastic to learn about new technologies and algorithms
- An international team that embraces diversity and a lively and open company culture
- Autonomy and responsibility in a challenging work environment
- Flexibility: 20+ holidays, remote-friendly work environment
- Full-time contract, attractive salary completed with benefits