Ring Twice is looking for an outstanding Front-End Developer (CDI) to join our beloved team in Brussels (Central station) as from whenever we find our little nugget.
Founded in 2013 by 3 young entrepreneurs, Ring Twice is the first accredited sharing economy platform in Belgium, which raised more than 1M€. This two-sided marketplace allow its users to find trustworthy people in their neighborhood, ready to give them a hand by sharing their talents and passions for daily services (gardening, assembling IKEA furniture, giving piano classes, taking care of the dog during the holidays,…). Our ambition is to bring people closer together, one job at a time. To achieve this, we can already count on a team of 24 motivated members and the platforms gathers more than 500.000 users in Belgium.
We are currently looking for an outstanding React developer to join our engineering team composed of 6 devs (4 back-end, 1 full-stack & 1 front-end React/React Native).
Your main mission will be to be responsible for leading the implementation of ReactJS micro-frontends to gradually replace our Rails monolith SSR Views by a full React SPA, while working as close together with the backend, mobile and design teams.
- Developing and implementing highly-responsive user interface components using React concepts
- Participating in Code Reviews & Pair Programming to ensure the quality, maintainability of the code and knowledge sharing
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Collaborate with our designer and other front-ends developers
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Challenge, implement and demonstrate the new features being part of an agile team
- Be the lead and go-to member for the web front-end
- Web Back-end: Ruby on Rails
- Web front-end: ReactJS, HTML 5 (HAML & SLIM), CSS 3, Sass, etc.
- Mobile App Back-end: Ruby on Rails API
- Mobile App Front-end: React Native
- Database: Postgres, Memcache
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Cloudfront
- Team: Scrum, Git, Github
- You have at least 3 years of experience with ReactJS
- You have experience with Webpack
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs or GraphQL
- Understand the importance of building structured code that is fast, reliable and robust
- Experience with automated testing: Jest, Cypress, etc (unit/integration/feature tests)
- Having experience with React Native is a big plus! If not, you have to be willing to learn 🙂
- You have experience with Redux
- You have experience with the Ruby On Rails framework or other back-end framework
- You are not afraid to learn different technologies
LIFE AT RING TWICE
Working at Ring Twice is different each day. Don’t expect to do the same all over again. Working at Ring Twice is more than a job. Do we dare to say it’s almost like a lifestyle? Naaah. But yes.
- You’ll be a key employee in a fast-growing and exciting start-up
- You’ll have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Open and transparent company culture
- Your own fish in the aquarium
- Weekly company happy hours (Friday apéro)
- Celebrate two birthdays: your real birthday and your Ring Twice-birthday! Double cake!
- ⚕️ Health insurance
- Competitive salary package
Our offices are located in BeCentral, literally above the Central Station of Brussels. Homeworking is obviously possible (and encouraged up to 2 days/week), but we believe bringing people together gives the best outcome. For this reason, we are not looking for a full-remote candidate.