At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
What you’ll do
The APAC Sales team is looking for a highly motivated Sales Commercial Manager who is excited at the idea of selling a disruptive technology solution in the commodities market and maintaining building on clients’ relationships through renewals, upsells and cross-sells!
More specifically you will: Make daily contacts by emails, chats, and most importantly by phone. We want someone who is not afraid of cold calling—setting up meetings and interacting with senior decision-makers and following up on trials and troubleshooting queries. Maintaining accurate customer and sales information in our internal CRM. We are looking for people with a great drive and team spirit, who can multi-task and can offer solutions! Experience in the commodity space, ideally selling a game-changing data solution in the commodities sector ( oil, gas, dry bulk (coal, iron ore and grains) and freight industry in China. Work alongside internal teams including pre-sales and research teams to engage new users
You are or have…
• 3-6 years of working experience in a sales role (exposure to the energy market would be a strong plus)
• Good English level and great presentation skills with an excellent ability to convince and relate prospects and clients.
• Experience in Sales selling solutions in the Energy, Commodities and/or selling B2B SaaS or data solutions.
• Familiar with and have contacts within the, Agriculture, Dry Bulk, Energy Commodities or Financial sector is preferred
• Strong interest in building client and product knowledge.
• Driven and self-disciplined. You can work in autonomy without much guidance and thrive in unstructured, fast-paced, ever-changing environments.
• A team player who always puts the business first with an eye on maximising you and your team’s long-term gains.
• Excellent customer service, listening and negotiation skills.
• Ability to analyse complex client requirements and needs.
• Great attitude and motivation This role will be a hybrid of remote and office work but the candidate must be authorised to work in Singapore.
And you REALLY want to join us because...
• We offer the best product in the market and are effectively disrupting our market
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means we never run out of new clients!
• We are still small enough that you can truly join a rocket ship and shape your career!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 30 countries and speak more than 25 languages. This also means, we close large global deals which you will get to participate in!
• We offer competitive compensation – including commissions – & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice