To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
We are looking for a proactive, hands-on Sales Development Representative with the ambition to hunt for new business leads while becoming a subject matter expert on the Kpler product suite and commodity market opportunities. Reporting to the Regional Sales Lead, this role requires a driven individual who is able to achieve and excel in targets. We are a fast-growing company and need people who will take initiative and ownership when generating new business leads. There is a great opportunity to progress within the business with our guidance and training, you will effectively communicate the Kpler value proposition and set up meetings for the Sales Executives in the region.
As a Sales Development Representative at Kpler, you will:
• Identify the right group/users within an organization and engage them in a conversation about our
• Research and Map Clients and Target Prospects in the Industry within APAC
• Generate and qualify business opportunities through professional, dedicated prospecting via multiple
• Develop an outreach strategy to drive appointments with Sales Representatives
• Working with the Sales team to tailor a unique sales pitch/value proposition to prospects
• Use a variety of tools relevant to Asia Pacific countries to research prospective leads.
• Develop OUTBOUND Leads through cold calling, cold emailing, and networking amongst other means.
• Develop excellent Qualified leads to hand over to the sales team.
• Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
• Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards.
• Support Commercial/Account Managers with their lead-generation activities
• Enrich CRM Platform (Salesforce) with relevant and precise information about Clients, Prospects, leads
and qualified opportunities
• Work alongside the marketing team to capitalize on engagement generated from events and their lead
• Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quota
• Keep track of Industry Events in order to have meaningful conversations with Prospects and contribute
to Regional Marketing Strategy
•An intrinsic drive to be successful and show quick adaptation
• Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written) in at least 2 Asian languages
(English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean )
• A proactive, ‘hunter’ mentality
• Highly personable, and confident interacting in person and over the phone with senior personnel
•1-3 years of telemarketing and/or inside sales experience.
• Experience in sales development and/or sales within SaaS B2B business is strongly preferred.
•Engaging copywriting skills and experience in delivering compelling emails and communications to
stand out from the crowd
• Organised, structured, able to work under pressure, but effective and capable to meet deadlines
• Professional customer-centric manner and sensitivity to various Asian cultures
• Desire to learn, and a keen interest in developing a career within a high-performing sales culture
• Tech-savvy with a genuine interest in disruptive technologies and current market trend
• Enjoys working in a dynamic start-up culture, contributing new and creative Ideas
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice