Salesforce Product Owner
With a recent funding round from Insight Partners and impressive yearly revenue growth, Lansweeper is rapidly expanding our Global team. We are looking for a Product Owner in the Spanish office located in Alicante. The ideal Product Owner will have experience in a technology scale up/start up and understand the unique challenges associated with this.
Lansweeper is an IT asset management software company helping businesses better understand, manage and protect their IT devices and network. We currently discover and monitor around 100 million connected devices from 25,000+ customers, including Mercedes, FC Barcelona, Michelin, Sony, Carlsberg, Nestlé, IBM, Maersk and Samsung to governments, banks, NGOs, and universities, driven by its 200+ team members in Belgium, Canada, Spain, Italy, Ireland, UK and the USA.
Over 90% of our customers renew their subscriptions every year and we onboard 250 new customers every month. Our high-performance/high-reward culture emphasizes improvement and progress. Under the “work hard, play hard” motto we want employees to grow professionally through ongoing learning and taking on new challenges. Discover more about Lansweeper impressive growth on this video.
A day in the life of
- Review and prioritize Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners
- Participate in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories
- Salesforce system and process improvements
- As part of the whole, regular Salesforce and business requirement reviews and in collaboration with other people/teams
- Design updates and enhancements to our existing Salesforce system
- Project manage the end-to-end software development lifecycle for updates to Salesforce
- Develop and roll out Salesforce user training including creating training materials
Are you the new Salesforce Product Owner at Lansweeper?
I am someone who has
- 1+ years working as a translator between Product Owner/Product team/customers needs and Engineering/Tech Leads for Salesforce requirements/implementations
- Strong analytical skills and mindset able to produce documentation quickly
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Salesforce CPQ experience
- Have a business first approach; you care about the business impact of your technical work
- Power-user of Salesforce.com, understanding front-end and back-end processes
Going for gold
- Have built products by collaborating cross-functionally across engineering, product, data and analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Salesforce Admin certification
- Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud Certification
Our offer you can’t refuse
- Growing along with a company in full expansion.
- Variation, challenges and responsibility.
- Easy-going teamwork.
- Working with leading tools and newest technology.
- Fulltime long-term contract.
- Extra company benefits (medical insurance, pension plan, IT equipment, English lessons, etc).
- Flexible working hours.
- Internal and external training.
Meet our Recruiter Laura Carrion Frau