In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
We are looking for a Senior Remote Sensing Engineer to join our Software Engineering team of over 100 Engineers!
Some of the exciting projects you will work on include:
• Building, maintaining and expanding some of our core products by analysing IR, SAR or optical images for valuable information
• Lead the remote sensing initiative at Kpler (staying on top of the field, mentoring PhD students, building POC, managing partnerships, etc.)
As a Senior Remote Sensing Engineer, you will:
• Find efficient ways to tackle challenges using relevant and up-to-date technologies
• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start to finish
• Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, and grow with the company
• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and drive collaboration
• Act as a mentor for our junior engineers; you will act as the Tech Lead on some projects
Our tech stack includes:
• Python, Java, SNAP Toolbox, geospatial libraries (shapely, geopandas, rasterio), CV libraries (scikit-image, OpenCV, yolo, Detectron2), ML libraries (TensorFlow, scikit-learn, XGBoost, ResNet)
• AWS, Postgres, Apache Airflow
Nice to have but not mandatory:
• At least 10 years of experience in a similar role;
* You are proficient in Python
* You are comfortable with software engineering best practices
• You have used the Java libraries of the ESA SNAP toolboxes
• You value code simplicity, performance and attention to detail
• You have experience working in an international environment
What you will receive from Kpler:
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 9 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore, Greece and Germany), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You will receive a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
And you REALLY want to join our Engineering team because:
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complex! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand-new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity, Energy and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds
• Team of 100+ talented Engineers working with the most modern tech stack
Recruiter Screen: 30 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Engineering Managers from the dedicated team
Take Home Technical Exercise
Meet the Team: An opportunity to see the fit and get to know your potential future team!
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice