The Bit About Urbantz
At Urbantz, we help the world’s largest retail, grocery, e-commerce and logistics companies love their last mile with a smarter, greener approach to delivery management. Our SaaS platform was built specifically for enterprises to help them cut through the complexity of multi-fleet operations and drive greater sustainability in the final mile at any scale.
More than 100 brands enjoy the clarity and control to cut their CO2 emissions, allocate smartly across carriers, build unique workflows and ensure on-brand delivery experiences for recipients with Urbantz.
Since our inception in 2015, we’ve enjoyed phenomenal growth across Europe, the Middle East and beyond. In 2020, Deloitte ranked us third in its annual Technology Fast 50 list.
Orchestrating the delivery of thousands and thousands of packages on a daily basis is no small feat. It gets even more interesting if you ship from multiple locations, always going for the fastest and most economical (and ecological!) option.
As a Senior DevOps engineer, you’ll help in managing our infrastructure by tailoring the cluster to our needs as well as monitoring the performance. You collaborate closely with the engineering team to provide them with the tools to set up new services and scale existing ones flexibly, as well as set up dashboards to monitor them. You make sure the CI pipeline runs fluently, providing engineers with the means to spin up environments to run their automated tests.
- Implement, influence and guide the platform development to be highly operable and efficient.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to define the requirements of our technical platform.
- Document in template and guidelines everything about our process to help establish and maintain technical best practices across our team.
- Be responsible for the availability of the platform services (Platform as a Service), the product teams being your customers.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the software as a secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solution across a multi-cloud architecture.
About Our Stack
We migrated from AWS ECS to Azure using Kubernetes for container-orchestration. Our main data store is MongoDB hosted on Mongo Atlas, but we also use Elasticsearch for some corner-case full-text search needs. Our backend and API code runs on Node.js, while the front-end web application is written in AngularJS. The main mobile driver app uses Ionic and Cordova. For our most recent mobile solution to ship goods from stores, we’ve decided to experiment with React Native.
Our toolset also counts with single-command, build & deploy tasks for both production and staging environments, working along with GitLab CI. We are migrating our deployments to ArgoCD as we speak. We use Protractor for the end-to-end testing and Jest for the back-end unit testing.
The Must Haves
- You are driven by developing more effective ways to deliver quality software products.
- Have extended software development experience, including building/scaling large throughput systems, building & operating a web platform, ideally a SaaS product using cloud technologies.
- Have proven experiences with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform) and continuous integration tools release processes.
- Have working knowledge of Continuous Integration, delivery and deployment approaches and pipelines.
- Have first experience in building a highly automated infrastructure and in releasing applications deployed on one of the major public clouds.
- You are a strong team player, you communicate clearly, both orally and written.
The Great to Haves
- You have an affinity with the logistics sector. No, ordering things online doesn’t count.
- Work where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide.
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success.
- A competitive salary, the right tools and a range of fringe benefits depending on your country location.
- An incredibly diverse international team and a company culture that encourages freedom, creativity and collaboration.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences.
- Team meetups in Brussels (when it’s safe to do so), an annual offsite somewhere sunny.