To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer, with experience on data oriented SaaS front end, to join our software engineering team with a strong interest in Data to participate in the development of an exciting new product related to the maritime freight market! We use lots of GIS data that are displayed using maps, polygons and charts.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will:
• Implement compelling, usable UIs</b>; contribute to their design; and engineer them with VueJs, Mapboxgl, D3js and other exciting tech!
• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
• Build clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
• Build and improve our different fronts: web and mobile Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
• Work and collaborate with the Paris engineering team, especially our UX team
You may be a fit if…
• You have at least 8 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in Go, Scala, Python or equivalent language
• You have worked with a modern JS framework and have experience designing and implementing UIs
• You value code simplicity, performance and details
• You are familiar with data structures and algorithms
• You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
• You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment
• You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
But you REALLY need to join us because…
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business, see the impact you make and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 7 countries, we come from more than 45 countries and speak more than 15 languages
1) Talent Partner Screen – 30 minutes
2) Engineering Manager Screen – 45 minutes
3) Take home exercise
4) Exercise debrief – 1 hour
5) Meet the team – 1 hour
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice