In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Joining a transverse team in charge of merging platforms on the front-end side, and work on other ad-hoc rich front-end features.
The maritime tribe is responsible for the development of our applications, web services and data pipelines relating to the global transportation of commodities by sea. These capabilities are managed by feature teams called crews. Each crew is responsible for their features end to end. In this context, we have a growing need for highly motivated and capable front-end engineer to help us deliver new features. The teams are eager to get the required knowledge to stay as autonomous as possible on the stack. You will be the frontend referent for the maritime tribe!
In this team, your mission is to:
– Deliver and maintain new and existing features
– Mentor and coach other developers to upskill on front-end technologies
– Contribute to the architecture design and development at Kpler
– Work closely with each crew either by delivering directly inside the team or by reviewing PRs/pair programming
It will be a match if you:
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a similar role, including significant experience in TypeScript
- Have experience designing, implementing and maintaining rich UIs, especially in Vue
- Have experience with API design
- Are willing to build and mentor a junior team and share what your knowledge
- Have experience implementing Agile methodologies within front end teams
- You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
What you will receive from Kpler:
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 7 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You will recieve a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
And you REALLY want to join our Engineering team because:
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complex! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand-new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity, Energy and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds
• Team of 85+ talented Engineers working with the most modern tech stack
Recruiter Screen: 30 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Engineering Managers from the dedicated team
Take Home Technical Exercise
Meet the Team: An opportunity to see the fit and get to know your potential future team!
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice