Senior Manager of Engineering
Lansweeper is an IT asset management software helping businesses better understand, manage and protect their IT devices and network. We currently discover and monitor around 100 million connected devices from 25,000+ customers, including Mercedes, FC Barcelona, Michelin, Sony, Carlsberg, Nestlé, IBM, Maersk and Samsung to governments, banks, NGOs, and Universities, driven by its 150+ strong teams in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Ireland, UK and the USA. Over 90% of our customers renew their subscriptions every year and we onboard 250 new customers every month. Our high-performance/high-reward culture emphasizes improvement and progress. Discover more about Lansweeper impressive growth on this video.
A Senior Engineering Manager at Lansweeper sees their teams as their product. While they are technically credible and know the details of what engineers work on, their time is spent safeguarding their team’s health, hiring a world-class team, and putting them in the best position to succeed. They own the delivery of product commitments and are always looking to improve productivity. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals. Engineering Leadership at LanSweeper is cross-discipline. A Senior Engineering Manager manages several teams and/or Engineering Individual Contributors (engineers and architects).
A day in the life of:
Measure, Adapt, Improve: You take the lead on one of our Engineering groups of over 15 software engineers.
- You measure what happens in the teams and visualize their progress, goals and vision.
- You adapt the teams and the process to drive Lansweeper’s growth.
- You improve the skillsets in your teams and coach your team members in their career growth.
- You grow in your function and get to know both the software and the teams.
- You build a great environment for your teams to work in, based on your prior software development experience in combination with your leadership skills.
- You facilitate the decision-making process and create communities of practice in an agile environment.
- You have regular contacts with other internal stakeholders and communicate the necessary information to your teams.
- You assist in finding new developers, to strengthen your teams.
Are you the new Senior Manager of Engineering at Lansweeper?
- Exquisite brokering skills: regularly achieve consensus amongst stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English is required)
- Process driven and analytical towards engineering metrics for quality and productivity outcomes
- Build teams that excel through our values
- Technical credibility: past experience as a software engineer and leading teams
- Significant past experience as an engineering manager
- Ability to understand, communicate and improve the quality of multiple teams
- Exemplify diversity, inclusion, belonging in leadership
- Dynamic, committed, hands-on and passionate
- Proactive in deep diving a large code base
- Experience in software lifecycle management solutions, continuous delivery and project planning
- Distinct expertise in modern programming languages (Golang, Rust, C#, C++ or Java)
- Experience with Public Cloud infrastructures and architectures, cloud native technologies for scalability and distributed architectures
Going for gold?
- Previous Windows service and network communication experience
- Architectural skills in integrating software
- Up to date with latest technologies like cloud-native, react, AWS
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Experience contributing to open-source software
- Domain knowledge relevant to the product of asset inventory
- Be a user of LanSweeper, or familiar with our company
- Prior high-growth startup experience
- Experience working on systems at massive, consumer scale
Our offer you can’t refuse
- Flexibility is key! Work efficiently by using our flexible working hours and working from home.
- Work for an international company where you get to travel to meet your colleagues for a great (teambuilding) event at least once a year.
- Collaborate with passionate and driven colleagues every day.
- Accelerate your career: new opportunities are right around the corner.
- We offer a variety of benefits (insurances, meal vouchers, allowances…), but we also want you to make your own choices according to our Flexible Income Plan