Sortlist is an online platform that helps brands to find the best creative, digital and marketing agencies.
Founded in Belgium in January 2014, we now have 90+ talented people all around Europe (Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Romania).
In 2020, we helped thousands of companies find the right agency for more than 50.000 projects worldwide. That was made possible thanks to the 2.500.000 visits and 70.000 agencies we had on the platform.
At Sortlist, we know that design is at the core of a great product and we aim to become a reference in the industry.
We need you to create an artful and functional platform for our users. Join us at an exciting time, as we build a design team that will refine our visual design systems, update our guidelines, work on brand new features and build our new web application based upon the most exciting and trending technologies.
We’re looking for a designer who crafts engaging experiences, based on user journeys that are natural, intuitive and powerful.
What you will do as Product Designer at Sortlist:
- User Research & Discovery: develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, and use these insights to design a product that people love to use.
- Concepting & Prototyping: explore ideas through sketching, wireframes, and prototypes to validate interactions and designs.
- Usability Testing: engage directly with our users to test design solutions and get feedback.
- Visual & Interaction Design: perfect your design solutions and collaborate with our engineers to bring them to life.
- 4+ years of relevant experience designing web-based applications in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Understanding of design principles, visual / interaction design, typography, web accessibility and best practices.
- Deep belief in simple, clean, and detail oriented visual design.
- A meticulous and autonomous way of working.
- Mastery of 1+ design tool. We use Figma.
- Strong creativity and awareness of the latest graphic design trends and web technologies.
- Ease in building, adjusting and maintaining branding guidelines to make the company stand out of competition.
- The ability to anticipate design adjustments and choices based on technical insights.
- The ability to wear many hats, and never get bored in a lively start-up environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- English fluency
- Extra credit for:
- Fluency in French, Spanish, Dutch, or German
- Using data to form insights and make design decisions
- Typography principles
- Illustration & copy-writing skills
- Personal web or graphic design oriented projects/portfolio
- Familiarity with Design System principles (reusable components / tokens / theming, etc)
What we offer:
- Exciting and fast paced international environment.
- Unique successful/growing/challenging/funded/niche startup.
- Tremendous amount of ownership.
- Fun, casual environment.
- Flexible schedules.
- Competitive wage.
- 2.000€ yearly training budget.