To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
Guardsquare is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our R&D team in Leuven (Belgium).
In this role you will ensure the quality and stability of our products before their launch. Therefore you will closely work together with the development engineers and the DevOps team, helping them to set-up and automate test suites, report on quality issues (bugs, regression, performance …), find corner cases, … .
Furthermore you will be part of a new, in the making, QA team. So we are looking for someone who’s not afraid of a technical challenge, nor to take the right initiatives in order to meet our quality standards.
In general your tasks include:
- Being in charge of testing new and existing products to meet both our internal and our clients expectations;
- Working with Product Managers and Software Engineers to determine the system requirements;
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications and make sure implementations comply;
- Create clear test plans and test cases;
- Perform testing activities from A to Z; manual testing, automation testing, regression testing, bug tracking & resolving, etc. … .
- Keep track of and report on our QA metrics through dashboards, and suggest concrete actions;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
In particular you like doing things such as:
- Scaffolding test frameworks and tests (e.g. automating the installation of the latest Magisk and testing that against our checks);
- Reporting more advanced data (timings, RAM usage, size overhead, … );
- Configuring apps in our products;
- Writing Appium-style tests;
- Tying tests to pipelines, ensuring that the pipelines are testing what they are supposed to test;
- Ensuring the team is alarmed if pipelines are not green;
- Manually verifying hard-to-automate parts of our systems;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other discipline related to information technology.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role as Software Test Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- You like to think about and develop alternate solutions when facing difficult issues.
- You speak fluent English.
- You’re flexible and willing to take on other duties to help out your team if necessary.
- Good understanding of creating, implementing, and maintaining software programs.
- NICE TO HAVE: A previous experience within a company working with Compiler Technology (LLVM, Byte Code, …), code hardening techniques, obfuscation, encryption, reverse engineering, etc. is a plus.
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full time job with a competitive salary package
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).