Guardsquare is continuously expanding the R&D department in Leuven (Belgium). In this context, we are looking for a Software QA Engineer to join our brand new QA team.
In this role you will ensure the quality and stability of our products before their launch. You will, therefore, closely work together with the development engineers and the DevOps team, helping them to set-up and automate test suites, report on quality issues, among other activities.
If you are not afraid of a technical challenge, nor to take the right initiatives in order to meet our quality standards, this could be the right opportunity for you.
With your deep passion for quality, you will assist the engineering teams to deliver a high-quality product. You will support the engineers by helping them define test cases, providing insights, tools and mentoring. On top of that, you will make sure developers do the necessary testing themselves to verify success in a shift left environment.
In general your tasks include:
Participate in planning sessions and design reviews with the development teams, where we actively provide feedback and capture requirements for testing.
Defining test automation methodologies, strategies, standards, and tools for test automation.
Actively contribute to the setup and development of automated testing for mobile and web.
Make sure developers follow best testing practices when writing tests.
Ensure every feature we deliver up to the level of quality we require, and our clients expect.
Do root cause analysis via postmortems.
Help teams become data-driven by providing Quality Metrics to help assess how we are doing on Quality as a whole.
Provide quality and usability feedback to the engineering teams through detailed bug reports. Assist with regression testing and give support to reproduce production issues.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other discipline related to information technology.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role as Software QA Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Proven hands-on experience with integration testing (i.e. API testing) and automated testing tools.
- You like to think about and develop alternate solutions when facing difficult issues.
- You’re flexible and willing to take on other duties to help out your team if necessary.
- Good understanding of creating, implementing, and maintaining software programs.
- You speak fluent English.
- Experience with compiler testing
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full time job with a competitive salary package
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Gent (Belgium), Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).