In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
The purpose of this position is to define the overall group’s tax strategy and ensure it complies with local tax laws. This role will hold a variety of tax – related responsibilities that work to optimize the Organizations’s audit risks. This person should have a proven knowledge and experience on tax accounting and relevant tax laws.
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Coordinate outsourced tax preparation work.
- Manage tax provisions and tax compliance process.
- Manage and coordinate tax audits.
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger.
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
- Forecast tax predictions.
- Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information data requests.
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reports
- Liaise with external auditors
- BSC/BA in Accounting or Master in taxation.
- Any Professional qualification will be considered a plus.
- 5 years of experience as a Tax manager or similar role.
- Good knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and relevant laws.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office and accounting software.
- Critical thinker and problem – solving skills
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Enthusiastic hands-on and can-do mentality.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong team player able to work under stress.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
What you will receive from Kpler:
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 7 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work hybrid or onsite
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You will receive a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice