To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
To prepare our further growth, Guardsquare is looking for an R&D Team Lead to join our office in Leuven.
In this role you will, at first, be responsible for one small team (5-7 people), but depending on your growth in the company you could eventually become responsible for several teams (max. 20 people). All highly skilled, technical engineers working within an agile software development environment. Your key responsibilities will involve people, process and organizational management in order for the team to achieve its goals. You will own engineering processes in an efficient way and drive their continuous improvement. You will represent Guardsquare’s R&D values, its products and its culture. You’ll encourage and motivate your team to strive and reach the company’s and their own personal objectives.
The ideal candidate would be someone who started their career technically and has a good understanding of software engineering within a high-tech start/scale-up, but grew into a leading role. We are looking for the kind of leader who is motivated and challenged by people management, all the while investing themselves in a thorough understanding of our products and technologies.
You key tasks will be:
- Hiring and onboarding
- Performance management: you set goals and expectations, provide continuous feedback, perform yearly appraisals, …
- Personal development (e.g. training plans)
- Culture: you safeguard the Guardsquare culture and values, create a safe environment in which people can grow and thrive, you enable good team work
- Set-up and improve engineering processes and best practices
- Guide individuals on process aspects
- Set clear quality standards and assure adherence to those standards
- You interface with other departments (e.g. QA, DevOps, SysAdmin, Customer Success, …)
- You streamline company communications
- You deal with escalations regarding your team
- You have a masters degree in computer science.
- Guardsquare has a hybrid work policy, which applies to everyone. However we are looking for someone who’s completely engaged towards their team members and their professional and personal evolution and understands that this requires a certain amount of flexible availability. This means you are open to being in the office at least 3 days a week, at least when it feels necessary.
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience of which at least 2 in a leading function, preferably in start-up or scale up high-tech software company and within an agile/scrum environment.
- You are a no-nonsense pragmatic person, continuously raising the bar, to get the best out of people.
- You have excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- You are looking for a long time commitment and the chance to be part of a team’s and a company’s growth in people, collaborations, culture and performance.
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full time job with a competitive salary package
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds
- A workplace where you can share and implement your ideas
- A hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
Do you want to make a difference? What are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).