At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
Data acquisition is the foundation of Kpler products. Ranging from a multitude of sources, be it Port Authorities, Market data, Customs, Satellites or Drones, our base data is ingested, compared and consolidated before being delivered internally.
Working closely with engineers, fellow product managers, and market analysts, you will be responsible for consolidating the Kpler Static Data structure and distribution, as well as the ingestion and distribution of third-party data. You will also take ownership of the Analyst Tools, allowing the Market Analyst team to upsert static and commercial data. Your users are internal, which guarantees a high frequency of exchange, rare to match in B2B.
As Product Manager for our Market Data crew, you will gain a deep understanding of internal tooling building, scraping, working in an horizontal crew that provides a working frame to multiple crews, and cross commodities data model definition.
Note: This role will be remote-first, working from the following countries:
Europe: United Kingdom, France, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Cyprus
Middle East: United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
- Develop a deep understanding of the vast array of data format available and distributed to the crews within Kpler;
- Build ambitious and innovative propositions to address our internal customers’ needs;
- Engage internal customers to gather feedback, validate ideas, and ensure a smooth transition from the current architecture to the proposed one;
- Work closely with the engineering teams on the execution;
- Manage and prioritize the requirements backlog to fit business needs in your crew;
- Follow the product governance best practices and agile methodologies;
- Work daily with the engineers, other crews and market analysts to solve problems, test features, and make decisions during development;
- Develop internal product training plans;
- Never stop learning and sharing.
It will be a match if;
- You have an excellent analytical ability, are at ease with working with databases, and use complex data to deliver impactful products
- You understand pipeline architecture, and are comfortable tracking data from original source to final destination
- You are proficient in PostgreSQL
- You have notions on text processing strategies
- You are rigorous and problem-solving oriented
- You have good communication skills, being able to connect with Market Analysts, Engineering, and Product
- You are native or bilingual in English (mandatory)
- You have some experience related to scraping strategies
- You have an Engineering/Developer background
- You have at least 2+ years experience as a product manager in B2B, delivering data-oriented products
- You are interested in the commodities market or shipping market and have good knowledge relative to either one coming from a relevant experience in the industry
It will be even better if;
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice