Who we are
Sweco shapes sustainable communities and cities of the future. Futureproofed (part of Sweco) provides climate tech with a human touch. Our SaaS products help cities and companies implement useful climate action. Because we believe accelerating to a fossil-free, sustainable future is the biggest opportunity in a century for both cities and businesses.
Since merging with Sweco, Futureproofed is strengthening its Product Team in order to speed up the development of its products and, ultimately, create more impact.
You’ll become part of our nimble but well-oiled Product Team: a group of enthusiastic developers and data experts, embedded in an established, knowledgeable company with international clients and colleagues. Climate action is what we aim for with both of our SaaS products. One tailored to cities, to create, manage and follow up on their climate plan. The other to companies, to measure, reduce and report on their carbon footprint. You’ll mostly be working on the last one.
Our tech stack is industry standard and continuously being modernised. We use AWS, SQL, Node.js, Vue.js and various other frameworks. We work in sprints, adhere to continuous integration and have daily standups. We’re pragmatic and are open for improvements on all fronts.
- You set up and maintain our databases, you write queries and know how to structure tables for best performance.
- You write APIs and integrations.
- You occasionally assist in DevOps tasks.
- You know your best security practices and abide by them.
Who we’re looking for
- You love to code and you have substantial knowledge of back-end development.
- You understand common software engineering practices (git, unit testing, code documentation, continuous integration, dependency management, monitoring, version management, …).
- You have a solid grasp on web technologies and API development (JSON, OAuth, …).
- You have a good understanding of database design concepts.
- You have some knowledge of front-end technologies like Vue.js.
- You have 3-6 years of working experience, or similar maturity.
- You’re on your path to seniority, soaking up all the experience you can get.
- You’ve been through the development cycle, made your mistakes, learned from them and you feel comfortable applying that wisdom.
- You know how to talk to people as much as to computers.
- You keep it simple & pragmatic. You understand how your work serves the broader company goals.
- You have a healthy interest and affinity with the climate challenges we face. You’re enthusiastic about working in a meaningful job, for a company with a clear purpose.
What we offer
- A full-time, permanent contract.
- A key position that offers a high degree of professional and personal development.
- A competitive and innovative salary package with extra benefits (our Flex Income Plan allows you to choose what fits your situation best).
- Various extra mobility options like pool bikes, pool cars, public transport, etc.
- A broad array of learning and development options, both in internally in our Sweco Academy as externally.
- A meaningful work experience where you’re actively contributing in making the world a better place.
- Flexibility in working hours and location. Our home base is in Leuven but we have offices around the country.
- A very pleasant working atmosphere among a team of engaged professionals: developers, consultants, experts, architects, spatial planners, designers, engineers, etc.