To apply for this job please visit careers.ontoforce.com.
ONTOFORCE helps life sciences companies transform data into knowledge, gather insights from data sources and make an impact on patient outcomes. Our platform DISQOVER builds intelligent links between private, third-party, and public data sources democratizing access to data. Our customers are research-intensive organizations in life sciences, healthcare, and beyond: from pharmaceutical multinationals, small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, and hospitals to patient organizations.
At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile work environment, giving every employee a high degree of freedom, room for initiative, opportunity for growth, and capacity to assume responsibility.
We’re looking for a Back-End Developer to join our team.
Together with your Scrum team, you will build the DISQOVER product which enables our users, in a user friendly and performant way, to process and extract insights out of a complex knowledge graph of terabytes of data. Together with the team you’ll build an integrated self-service web-based platform, crack the challenges of scalability and high-performance computing, see big data drive innovation and enable Artificial Intelligence.
You’ll also have a chance to work on the front-end, if this is within your field of interest. You’ll have the chance to boost usability and effectiveness through clear and easy to understand user journeys, and designs that look and work just great.
The main technologies that you will be working with in this role are Python, AWS, Redis, Solr, Flask, PostgreSQL, web, React, Sketch, Figma, Marvel… To build the functionality, you will have to solve the complex problem and you will expose this functionality optimized for our APIs and our user interfaces!
- You will take challenging business problems, and come up with and build effective, performant, user friendly… solutions for these challenges..
- Together with your Scrum team, you develop new functionality and features autonomously and iteratively end-to-end: from design, to developing and testing your features
- You and your team own what you or your teammates write. This means that you also review pull requests, ensure knowledge is shared, write maintainable code, coach and guide less experienced members…
- You innovate in our technologies, our product, and our way of working
Our ideal colleague…
- holds a master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record).
- is familiar with industry standard code principles like Clean Code and Clean Architecture and has a solid grasp of common software engineering practices, like OO principles, modern design patterns, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- dreams and breathes in Python and REST APIs.
A distinct plus is knowledge of or experience in…
- microservice architecture and/or machine learning.
- automated tests. For you this is essential to the quality, time to market, and confidence in your code.
- security. You always write code protected from things like cross site scripting, injection attacks, man-in-the-middle attacks…
- performance. You realize the impact that a slow performance has on your user experience and you will design and architect for optimal performance.
Our people love to work with value
- #respectfulness and #openness. At ONTOFORCE, we know that the best and most creative solutions always come from people working and communicating openly with each other. Constantly challenging each-other, but realizing that all parties are equal and bring different experience and insights to the table.
- #accountability and #ambition: We love people who have ambition, who want to be the best and make the best product company by taking accountability for their own work, and who are not afraid to respectfully hold their colleagues accountable.
What we offer
A great team to work with that wants to be challenged and will challenge you.
An innovative product that pushes the edge of data-linkage technology and challenges your mind.
A fun environment that welcomes your ideas, initiatives and creativity. With a brand new office space decked out with swings, chatty brainstorm areas and silent phone booths we have room for everybody’s preferred way of working.
Besides all this, we also offer some practical benefits
- An attractive salary with extra benefits such as meal vouchers (€8/day), eco vouchers (€250/year), hospitalization insurance, home working allowance, net expense allowance, optional bike leasing.
- Focus on your personal development, training and career growth. At ONTOFORCE you have access to online learning platforms such as LinkedIn Learning and personalized training days.
- In addition to the 20 days legal holidays you get 12 compensation days, which gives you a total of 32 paid days leave.
- Hybrid working: we are flexible in our way of working with a balance between homeworking and working at the office.
Ready for a challenge @ONTOFORCE? Apply now!