Data Platform / DevOps – SRE
With a recently announced funding round from Insight Partners and an impressive yearly revenue growth, Lansweeper is rapidly expanding its Global teams. We are expanding our Product team to help us scale and to take Lansweeper to the next level.
Lansweeper is an IT asset management software helping businesses better understand, manage and protect their IT devices and network. We currently discover and monitor around 100 million connected devices from 25,000+ customers, including Mercedes, FC Barcelona, Michelin, Sony, Carlsberg, Nestlé, IBM, Maersk and Samsung to governments, banks, NGOs, and universities, driven by its 150+ strong teams in Belgium, Spain, Italy, Ireland, UK and the USA.
A day in the life of:
- You will join the Data Platform and Recognition Ops team working on the big-data and cloud infrastructure. The core team is based in Rome, Italy.
- Contribute to building the cloud big-data platform, leveraging technologies provided by AWS Cloud and technologies such as Java VM, Docker, API gateway, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Flink and Nginx/Tomcat.
- Automate the construction and deployment of your entire system using the infrastructure-as-code approach.
- Write tips, technical procedures, and requirements for software enhancements that will make the Cloud more reliable and easier to monitor, troubleshoot, update and scale.
- Actively contribute to the security, reliability, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems.
- Make sure SOC-2 is enforced
Are you the new Data Platform DevOps – SRE at Lansweeper?
I am someone who:
- Has strong attention to details.
- Is dynamic, committed, hands-on and passionate.
- Has ability to investigate complex systems with a large code base.
- Is a fast learner who operates well in a dynamic, high-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Lives in Rome or nearby
- Proven experience with enterprise Linux-based systems running in a virtualized environment and with the advanced use of linux shell.
- Experience with AWS EC2 instance management, AWS EC2 security and networking, Elastic Load Balancing.
- Proven experience with sophisticated configuration and testing of Apache HTTP servers, NGINX, Java VM, Docker network, SElinux and Iptables.
- Experience with infrastructure automation with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD automation methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of security related technologies, softwares and topics such as digital certificates, scanning tools like OWASP ZAP or Nessus Scan and network attacks like DDoS, MiD and code Injections attacks.
- Good knowledge of English to read and write documentation and to actively interact with international teams outside Italy.
Going for gold?
- Ability to use AWS Cloudwatch, Grafana, Opensearch stack, any monitoring tool based on Nagios core.
- Experience in data center management and maintenance.
- Experience with VMWare vSphere or vCenter.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
Our offer you can’t refuse
- Growing along with a company in full expansion
- Variation, challenges and responsibility
- Easy-going teamwork
- Working with leading tools and newest technology
- Fulltime long-term contract
- Competitive wage
- Extra company benefits like Ticket Restaurants, extra Health Insurance…
- Flexible working hours
- Teleworking budget
- Internal and external training
- Central and convenient office location