+32 53 31 97 55
To apply for this job please visit careers.phished.io.
Experienced Laravel Backend Engineer
Phished is the frontrunner in the field of smart cyber awareness solutions. Founded in 2018 the company has grown significantly within the last two years by offering organizations the most thorough and intelligent training software to ensure an optimal contribution to a safer internet. By linking a fully automated solution to personalized and realistic simulations of cyber-attacks, Phished teaches employees to deal with real online dangers in a correct manner. They aim to be the most trusted partner: for businesses regarding their employees, and for employees in their home.
What will you be doing?
- As a PHP developer you will join a fresh team responsible for the further development of the software platform.
- You will be involved in building and rolling out new features according to the (product and technical) roadmap.
- You’ll prepare the platform to open up for more and bigger customers by improving its performance and scalability.
- As you’ll be one of the firsts in a growing team you’ll be able (and we expect you) to make your mark on both the development processes and the future of the team.
What will you be offered?
- Onboarding: you will be introduced to the codebase by a senior team member who will also be your go-to person and help you integrate into the team.
- A competitive salary and a very attractive package of tailored benefits such as mobility budget or company car, insurance, internet and mobile subscription, hardware, home working allowance, housing package OR a competitive freelancer rate.
- A personalized roadmap for growth and development, including an attractive training budget.
- 26+ days of paid vacation (available for employees in Belgium, France, and the UK).
- The flexibility to work from home as much as you like or in one of the existing offices in Leuven (BE), Paris (FR), or London (UK).
- A modern team culture with flat hierarchies, transparency, open communication and direct feedback.
- You are a team player and like to share knowledge and experiences with your colleagues.
- You are interested in a long term commitment and want to grow with the company that you are joining.
- You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who loves to take initiatives.
- You are flexible and able to adjust to the fast-changing environment of a scale-up.
- You have a keen interest in cyber security and data protection.
- You are able to communicate efficiently within the team and you do not hesitate to reach out to your colleagues if necessary – even when you are not in the same location.
- You already have several years of experience as a PHP Developer and have extensive hands-on experience with Laravel.
- You have worked with MySQL and Redis.
- You have experience building RESTful APIs.
- You are keen on quality assurance and automatic testing.
- Version control (e.g. Git) is something you can’t do without.
- You are fluent in English and able to express yourself efficiently.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud platforms.
- An interest in cybersecurity related technologies such as envelope encryption, advanced data encryption, and identity server.
- Understanding of scalability and performance in context of a database-driven platform.
- Interest in further exploring Frontend development.