To apply for this job please visit careers.phished.io.
Experienced QA engineer
Phished helps organisations construct their Human Firewall. We do so using a fully automated Security Awareness Training platform that trains employees to recognise and properly deal with real cyber attacks. This is how we contribute to a safer internet for both people and organisations.
Phished is the market leader in its segment and operates all over the world. Thousands of organisations are already working with the platform and we can count on a strong and extensive network of partners and resellers. To continue our growth, we’re looking for new colleagues.
The Phished Academy is a cornerstone of our platform: it teaches end-users both the basics of cybersecurity and in-depth knowledge about cyber threats. The knowledge gained is then tested through adapted phishing simulations. Both the Academy and the simulations are adapted to the level of the end user.
As a QA/test engineer you play an important role in the product’s development process and in ensuring the quality of the Phished platform in general. (manual & automatic). To do so, you will be involved in developing and executing manual and automated tests to ensure product quality as part of the development team.
What will you be doing?
- You will review feature passports, technical documentation and issues requirements to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- You create and execute on detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- You are involved in the design, implementation and execution of automated tests using tools in the PHP ecosystem (automatic)
- You identify, record, document and track bugs and you set up and monitor quality assurance metrics
- You are an integral part of the development team and you support the team to implement automated tests.
- You write documentation related to the testing processes to facilitate knowledge sharing and transparency.
What do we expect from you?
- You are a team player and like to share knowledge and experiences with your colleagues.
- You are interested in a long term commitment and want to grow with the company that you are joining.
- You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who loves to take initiatives.
- You are flexible and able to adjust to the fast-changing environment of a scale-up.
- You have a keen interest in cyber security and data protection.
- You are able to communicate efficiently within the team and you do not hesitate to reach out to your colleagues if necessary – even when you are not in the same location.
- You have proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- You have proven work experience in software development.
- You posses a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- You are versed in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- You have hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- You are fluent in English and able to express yourself efficiently.
- You have experience with TestLodge.
- You have experience with PHP and/or Laravel’s ecosystem (Laravel Dusk).
- You have worked with MySQL and Redis.
- An interest in cybersecurity related technologies such as envelope encryption, advanced data encryption, and identity server.
- Understanding of scalability and performance in context of a database-driven platform.
- You are up-to-date with latest testing tools and test strategies.
What will you be offered?
- Onboarding: you will be introduced to the current testing processes by a senior team member who will also be your go-to person and help you integrate into the team.
- A competitive salary and a very attractive package of tailored benefits such as mobility budget or company car, insurance, internet and mobile subscription, hardware, home working allowance, housing package OR a competitive freelancer rate
- A personalized roadmap for growth and development, including an attractive training budget
- 26+ days of paid vacation (available for employees in Belgium, France, and the UK)
- The flexibility to work from home as much as you like or in one of the existing offices in Leuven (BE), Paris (FR), or London (UK)
- A modern team culture with flat hierarchies, transparency, open communication and direct feedback