We are looking for a full-time front-end developer
who can make complex systems understandable, loves to work according to the latest standards and takes pride in delivering high-quality code. At TinkerList.tv
, you will work together with the team on our new product aiming worldwide clients in television and entertainment business.
As a Front-end Developer, you will be part of a small and agile entity within the development team, working on developing a brand new feature that integrates with our main platform as part of a project with different partners in the media & online news industry. You’ll work project-based in an agile, fast-paced and flexible environment, with plenty of room for technological creativity and ownership.
You’ll be reporting directly to the product owner & CEO.
- Build and develop our new online SaaS product and ensure its growth possibilities
- Analyse and implement new features in close cooperation with the other team members, from architecture definition to development
- Write automated tests and documentation to cover your implementation
- Be an integral part of the peer code-review process to ensure team standards are being followed and general knowledge sharing
- Always strive to make the most out of our tech stack:
- You have been building and maintaining modern web applications for at least 3-4 years and are experienced in working with Svelte & Tailwind
- You’re familiar with interaction with REST APIs and what the best practices are
- You have solid version control knowledge with systems like Git or similar
- You have a keen eye for detail and structure
- You have experience working in agile teams and are comfortable with the Scrum methodology
- You have experience in writing automated tests
- You are fluent in English, both oral and written. We are a fully remote team, so strong communication skills are a must-have
- You are a team player, but can also work independently when defining a solution and executing daily tasks
- You have a learning attitude and you proactively improve your skills in a consistent manner. You like to follow up on the latest and hottest industry trends
- Your coding work is pragmatic and you take pride in the quality and structure of your contributions
- (Extra) You are an open-source contributor
- You are based in Belgium or Europe, to ensure a time zone overlap for collaboration with the rest of the development entity of this project
Important notice: We hire people, not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you’d like to grow into in your next position, we still want to encourage you to apply. We are growing at a fast pace and have several positions open in our agile teams.
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full-time contract
- A competitive salary in line with your experience, skills, and knowledge
- 20 paid holidays, as well as public holidays, paid sick days and parental leave, with a flexible ‘no ask, must tell’ time-off policy
- Flexible work hours and remote working
- Learning opportunities and budget for personal development and growth
- A friendly working environment where your voice will be heard and taking ownership is highly valued
- A health insurance program (in Belgium) or a budget for private health insurance in your country of residence when based outside of Belgium
- A yearly team retreat that brings the whole remote team together on a secret location, somewhere in the world
We’re a high-growth established scaelup with big plans for the future. That means a big challenge, but also means big growth opportunities.
At TinkerList, we collaborate as an international and cosy team from all over the world, working closely together in a family-like atmosphere.
This role is either remote or Belgium-based, depending on your location. If you work from Belgium, you are offered a spot at our office in De Hoorn, a creative co-work space in Leuven.
From a legal perspective, remote non-Belgian engineers are always hired as self-employed or independent workers.