Our development team is looking for a Frontend Engineer to join the team!
Want to build the UI experience empowering the employees of some of the most prominent enterprises? Then keep reading!
About the job
What you will do:
You’ll join a motivated team that is driving exceptional growth across international markets while having fun at the same time! We’re a company that gives our employees room to grow, rewards your creativity, offers flexible hours, and encourages you to challenge the status quo (not the band). That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Work out new interfaces for our platform — where you will work closely with other engineers — product management, and design to come to the best solution. Feedback from our data science colleagues and support team will guide you to work toward a usable deliverable.
- Peer code review will help exchange knowledge and improve your code quality and your colleagues’ code.
- Research and build reusable React components with modular CSS.
- Ship your code to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in code and feature ownership.
- Implement experiments for A/B testing and find the best solution for a particular problem
- As a part of Ambassify’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible. Sometimes you don’t have all the answers. But your team always does.
- Share what you know and learn either one-on-one or with lightning talks to the group.
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts.
Your focus on frontend will not limit your area for growth at Ambassify. Each engineer brings a unique perspective and can contribute differently to all areas. We encourage participation and will frequently have engineers contribute across teams to assist in projects.
Who you are:
- You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are), or perhaps your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
- You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can’t control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, accessibility, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
- You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
What’s in it for you?
Here’s a peek of our professional offering:
- At Ambassify, it does not matter where you work, whether it’s at one of our offices in Beringen or Ghent, in your home office… As long as you get the job done! Something nice to note is that we have an Officenter office, which means you can make use of the different Officenters in Belgium.
- Full-time hours
- Competitive salary
- Pick your equipment. We’ll set you up with the laptop & monitor combo you want, plus any software you need.
- Professional development allowance.
- Group insurance (physical and mental healthcare + retirement plan) by Alan
- An array of fringe benefits to pick and choose from.