To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Your future position
Following the acquisition of Cor-e the Kpler Power Tribe has been working on integrating their solution into the Kpler product portfolio. The team will also be improving current features and working on new features for this solution so that Kpler can provide further support in the Power and Carbon markets ⚡
In this team your mission is to:
- Help manage & improve existing platform
- Participate in the creation of a new platform to distribute new data
- Enrich the product and participate in the development of new features
- Help to revise the distribution of the proprietary data to clients by different means – SFTP, web app, API
- Participate in the designing of new projects from scratch to production
- Build and improve monitoring and alerting tools and dashboards on the web app
- Work together with Data Scientists and experts with strong experience in this market
It will be a match if you have experience in:
- Have experience with Git and CI / CD tools like Github action, GitlabCI
- Comfortable working with Typescript and Vue.js
- Used monitoring solutions (Datadog, Grafana, etc…)
- Have worked with with Postgresql or similar data stores
- Knowledge on or experience with Angular and PHP
- Experience working on API’s
- Are bilingual and are fluent using English in a professional and international environment
It will be even better if you:
- Have worked with REST API – Fast API
- Exerience working with MapBox & Highcharts
- An understanding of code architecture/design patterns
- Some knowledge or exerience with Python or Java
- Experience working with AWS
- Follow Clean code principles
What you will get at Kpler
•We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 7 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
•We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work fully remote, hybrid or onsite
•You will get a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
•Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
And you REALLY want to join our Engineering team because:
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialised and quite complex! This means we build real algorithms and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand-new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity, Energy and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• Team of 85+ talented Engineers working with the most modern tech stack
Recruiter Screen: 30 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Engineering Managers from the dedicated team
Technical Exercise: Take home technical exercise
Exercise Debrief: 1 hour debrief to review the completed exercise
Meet the Team: An opportunity to see the fit and get to know your potential future team!
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice