In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 9 countries and 11 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Athens, Vienna, Rostock, Hyères, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
We are looking for a GL accountant that will be responsible for the general ledger accounting including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of financial statements and accounts, maintainance of balance sheet schedules. This role will ensure data accuracy and will assist on the month end close activities.
- Enter financial data and transactions into the ledger.
- Maintains the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts.
- Performs account analysis, cost accruals, bank reconciliations.
- Review financial documents for accuracy and reconcile accounts.
- Analyze financial data and provide financial recommendations
- Assist on the preparation of management accounts and statutory financial statements.
- Assure compliance and accuracy to our financial statements by performing checks as part of our internal processes.
- Bachelor in Business Admin, Accounting, Finance
- Any Professional qualification will be considered a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience on a related accounting role
- Knowledge of Netsuite (ERP) will be considered a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective problem solving skills to identify and correct financial discrepancies
- Technical accounting skills
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Enthusiastic hands-on and can-do mentality.
- Strong team player able to work under stress.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
Work in an international, dynamic and pleasant environment
Remote work flexibility
Huge room for creativity and innovation
Continuous learning including unlimited access to an online training platform
Career development and growth opportunities
Attractive Remuneration based on a job grading system
Unlimited access to Mental Health Platform
Sponsored wellbeing activities such as free on-site/online fitness activities
If you feel you are a genuine fit for this role, which is both challenging and fun, we would like to hear from you.
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice